B26TLB Price?

/ B26TLB Price? #1  

MiserableOldFart

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 40, Kubota GR2120
Ok, I had this crazy idea about trading up to a B26TLB for the backhoe and heavier duty construction. I contacted the only dealer in the area (50 miles) and was told it would be around $34K. My heart sunk. Is this right, or should I be looking for a better deal? If $34K is reasonable, then I guess I'm pretty much done and no sense wasting mine or anyone else's time. Just as well to be done with the crazy idea, I guess.

Thanks for any info..

/ B26TLB Price? #2  
That is right around the price I was quoted in NY (Finger Lakes) recently for a B26. As much as I like that model I did not want to spend that much. I would hope there are better deals out there.

/ B26TLB Price? #3  
I just sold mine today :-(... When it was purchased new in 2009 TLB with hydraulic thumb the price was just shy of $31,000.

/ B26TLB Price? #4  
Prices on the industrial TLB models have definately gone up. It also matters what options they have, since there aren't any "standard" units.

Does the bucket have the bolt on cutting edge?
Does it include the 3 point hitch?
Is the backhoe bucket pin on or quick attach?

The options really start to add up on TLB units.

/ B26TLB Price? #5  
Prices on the industrial TLB models have definately gone up. It also matters what options they have, since there aren't any "standard" units.

Does the bucket have the bolt on cutting edge?
Does it include the 3 point hitch?
Is the backhoe bucket pin on or quick attach?

The options really start to add up on TLB units.

When mine was new they came standard with the 3 pt hitch, I know that may no longer be the case, you bring up some very good questions. I actually didn't know mine had the 3 pt hitch and had my dealer price out the 'kit' for $450, but to build it with individual pieces was going to cost much closer to $1200.

/ B26TLB Price?
Wow.. didn't realize they no longer came with that 3 pt. hitch.. well, I guess plan b, whatever that is.. I didn't get into details, I asked about "decently equipped" and when he said $34K, I just kind of went into shock.. I was thinking maybe around 30, and that was really more than I should have been considering anyhoo..

Thanks for the responses!

/ B26TLB Price?
While I'm at it, maybe I'll throw this out as well.. is it safe to assume that the smaller "L" series units are stronger than the larger B units (not the industrial) for all around work, especially backhoe?