B2710 - B2910 & BL4690B ?

/ B2710 - B2910 & BL4690B ? #1  

Jackrabbit_Slim

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710
This might be little convoluted, so please bear with me.

I was under the impression that aside from the engine and a few other things like cruise control, the B2710 and B2910 were pretty much the same tractor.

Why then, do they call for a different mounting configuration when putting a BL4690B hoe on these machines?

Page 29 of the hoe manual notes the B2710 as a group one tractor and it looks like it wants to mount the hoe about 3 inches closer to the tractor than on the B2910 which is classified as a group two tractor on page 30 of the manual.

Talked to a couple of fellows at my dealership and they cant' figure the difference either.

I'm inquiring because I've got a bit of kink in the hose that feeds to the pump and I think having the hoe ahead three inches would take care of this little issue quite nicely.

Does anyone have any insight, please?

Thanks,

Slim

/ B2710 - B2910 & BL4690B ? #2  
Slim,

I have a 2910 and a 4690B ..... dunno if I can shed any light ... other than I find the Kubota installation instructions about hose routing far less than adequate ... probably due to the fact that the 'hoe manual cover multiple tractor models. One would hope that there actually is a correct way to do it for each model tractor.

It seems to me that on my set up there isn't a good way to route the hoses that doesn't have them rubbing on something .... or being too short to easily install and remove the 'hoe.

I've been too busy to really sort it out .... but I did change the way I had the suction line to the pump routed (I ran it over the top mast initially) in order to gain more length when taking it on and off. It's now under the top mast but I think it's still rubbing on metal .... which ain't good.

/ B2710 - B2910 & BL4690B ? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Email me and I can send you some pics of how mine is set up. )</font>

Why not just post them here ?

That way others with similar issues might benefit.

/ B2710 - B2910 & BL4690B ? #5  
The difference is Telescopic Lower Link Ends on the B2910. They move the BH further from the Top Link Bracket.