B2710 - FEL problem (won't raise)

/ B2710 - FEL problem (won't raise) #1  

truejourney

Tractor
Kubota B2710
The FEL on my B2710 was working fine but after an afternoon of trail making with the FEL and Woods brush cutter, I've developed a problem.

When I pull the handle all the way back to raise the loader, it refuses to raise. When I back it off and only have the handle part way back, the loader seems to raise okay and in using it with this problem, it seems to raise with sufficient capacity - but just stops if the handle is all the way back. Otherwise the other loader functions seem to work fine.

I haven't had chance to check things out yet but was wondering if there's anything particular I should be looking at? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :)

/ B2710 - FEL problem (won't raise) #2  
I would like to here what people have to say about your problem...
My BX-24 has been like this since new...

/ B2710 - FEL problem (won't raise) #3  
truejourney said:
The FEL on my B2710 was working fine but after an afternoon of trail making with the FEL and Woods brush cutter, I've developed a problem.

I haven't had chance to check things out yet but was wondering if there's anything particular I should be looking at? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :)

Not sure if this is a solution to your problem, but when using my FEL I sometimes accidentally move the 3pt hitch lever either forward or back, thus engaging it. When I do this I lose some of the functionality of the FEL. Once I put the 3pt hitch lever back in the center the FEL works perfectly fine.

The first time I did this I thought I broke the tractor... that was with about 1 hr on it! Pretty scary scenario for someone who is working with their first tractor and no prior experience.

Hope your problem is that easy to solve!
Keith

/ B2710 - FEL problem (won't raise)
Thank you for the suggestion but the problem doesn't seem to have any connection to the 3 point hitch control (I discovered that type of situation several years ago with the backhoe on - and you're right about it being a bit scary).

I had since changed from the brush cutter to the box blade and have had the 3ph in several different positions since.

Things have been somewhat hectic here and I still haven't had a chance to check things out further. Hopefully it will be a simple fix and not a dealer related i$$ue. Perhaps some type of adjustment to the control or something bent or pinched.

TrueJourney