B2710 help please: FEL & MMM

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #1  

DocF

Tractor
Kubota B2710
Finally get to 'join the club',,,, After many a night lurking & learning, I have just picked up a B2710 with 145 hrs on it, complete with a Rhino SE4 and 5' landpride finishing mower, all for 10K.

I have been looking for a while and really wanted something with a FEL, however this seemed too good a deal to pass up. Use is for taking care of about 4 acres, mostly mowing. I would like to explore options for adding a FEL - I know the Kubota FEL is the LA402, but does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? How viable (expense wise) is it to add a FEL after-the-fact, or is it primarily something usually "packaged" with a new tractor.

Lastly, (if I may prevail on the combined wisdom here a little more) I have seen a few MMM's on ebay, some with apparently very little use. However, they are for RCK60-24B's & the spec for the 2710 calls for RCK60-27B. Is there significant difference between the mowers, or is it more of a bracket/mounting issue?. Any suggestions for alternative's here in other brands? I realize I have a rear finishing mower, but for the front part of the house, a MMM will be SO much more useful, and therefore worth considering, especially if I can pick one up reasonably.

Glad to be a new member!!

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #2  
Welcome to TBN.
Congrat's on the new tractor.
A B2710 uses the same Loader as the B7800. This loader is a great fit for the tractor. If you are considering the MMM the brackets will need the LA402 loader for clearance.
When you are looking for a MMM consider the RCK72-27B it is a good fit for the B2710. I have seen a few of these on EBAY.
The 24B is made for the B2410 and B7610 tractors. Brackets would be the main change. But width of the mounting points may be different.

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How viable (expense wise) is it to add a FEL )</font>

You can certainly add the FEL. I bought one of the first (early) B2710s and got the LA401 FEL. They later came out with the LA402; very minor differences. But expense wise? I really don't know, but would expect the cost to be between $3k and $4k.

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #4  
If lift height is important to you check out the Koyker model 155 they have available for the B2710, it will raise maximum height 18” higher than the LA402.....101” vs. 82.3 and has a nice height under a level bucket. They’re not even showing this model available on a B3030. I’m planning on re-roofing the house next year and that would enable the loader to sit on the edge of the roof for tear off and lifting things to the roof. This is one factor that may come into play on my decision of smaller new tractor for mowing and loader, or larger older tractor for loader and ZTR for mowing, a decision that will be made this month I HOPE, matter of finding the right machine at the right price.

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #5  
I put a Woods model 1008 FEL on my B2710. After about 20 hours of light grading and landscaping with my Woods FEL I am still very pleased wtih it. One thing I liked about the Woods as compared to the Kubota FEL is that the Woods comes with a protective heavy gauge steel grille that protects the front of my tractor from debris. My Kubota dealer said that the grille for the Kubota FEL was an extra option for extra $$. Also, the Woods FEL comes painted in Kubota orange which perfectly matches my tractor. It's made in the USA and the price was a few hundred bucks cheaper than the Kubota FEL.

The Woods website has the details on the 1008 FEL http://www.woodsequipment.com/turf_grounds/commercial/loaders/loader1006.asp.

The FEL is a teriffic implement and you will find many uses for it right away. Whatever FEL you choose, always remember how the FEL affects your center of gravity and "CARRY YOUR LOAD LOW".

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #6  
I put a Woods model 1008 FEL on my B2710. After about 20 hours of light grading and landscaping with my Woods FEL I am still very pleased wtih it. One thing I liked about the Woods as compared to the Kubota FEL is that the Woods comes with a protective heavy gauge steel grille that protects the front of my tractor from debris. My Kubota dealer said that the grille for the Kubota FEL was an extra option for extra $$. Also, the Woods FEL comes painted in Kubota orange which perfectly matches my tractor. It's made in the USA and the price was a few hundred bucks cheaper than the Kubota FEL.

The Woods website has the details on the 1008 FEL http://www.woodsequipment.com/turf_grounds/commercial/loaders/loader1006.asp.

The FEL is a teriffic implement and you will find many uses for it right away. Whatever FEL you choose, always remember how the FEL affects your center of gravity and "CARRY YOUR LOAD LOW".

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's made in the USA )</font>

So is the Kubota FEL.

Also, your dealer is totally wrong about the front grill guard. It comes standard with the loader at no extra cost. However, it is available as an option if you do not purchase a loader. Have him read his pricing book. It's all there in black and white. Sounds like he had his own agenda (profit?) and wanted to push the Woods loader over the Kubota.

/ B2710 help please: FEL & MMM #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's made in the USA )</font>

So is the Kubota FEL.

Also, your dealer is totally wrong about the front grill guard. It comes standard with the loader at no extra cost. However, it is available as an option if you do not purchase a loader. Have him read his pricing book. It's all there in black and white. Sounds like he had his own agenda (profit?) and wanted to push the Woods loader over the Kubota.