B2910 cruise control won't hold

/ B2910 cruise control won't hold #1  

dlabrie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
B2910 cruise control won\'t hold

the cruise control on my B2910HST won't hold in position. The control arm keeps springing back to netural. I took some of the covers off to take a look at where the control arm goes but can't quite figure out why it won't hold. I don't want to adjust something and create another problem. There appear to be 6 fin-like things that have rubber gaskets between them. They don't seam to compress to hold the control arm.
Any Ideas?
Thanks,
David

/ B2910 cruise control won't hold #2  
Re: B2910 cruise control won\'t hold

Isn't there a nut at the end of that? TO tighten will give it more friction to make it hold. I haven't looked at one that I can remember but I think you are at your problem.

/ B2910 cruise control won't hold

There is a double adjustment nut attatached to a spring that goes to the other side of the assembly. If I tighten it, will it compress those fins?
Thanks.

/ B2910 cruise control won't hold #4  

Be sure and post whatever you find.

My B2910 cruise control worked just fine. Until I had the Kubota FEL installed. Now it is intermittant. Sometimes it holds, sometimes it flops back to neutral like you describe.

I plan on taking mine back to the dealer that installed the FEL and let him have the first attempt at fixing it.

Kelvin

/ B2910 cruise control won't hold #5  

Mine does that off and on all the time. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it will stop working after I have parked it with the brakes set for a couple of minutes, then I resume what I was doing and after a while for no apparent reason it will start working fine again. It has never acted up when I had the time to stop and check it out. It all started about 2 years ago after I got a couple inches of mud caked on everything, and then it froze. I had to pressure wash the whole tractor off while it was snowing and blowing in the mid 20's. After that it started acting up. Before you make any adjustments, see if it will clear up on its own. One trick I use sometimes is to just move the lever back and forth repeatedly and sometimes it will start working just fine.
Good Luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ B2910 cruise control won't hold

Bubba,
IT definitly has to do with the brake. I played with it and got it to work again. You have to take the cover off that goes around the cruise control arm to access it. If you look down at the fins and rubber gasket setup from the front, the plate on the right side should be compressing the setup. That plate is getting stuck open when the brake is applied. With the brake off, you should be able to pry it back, clean and lube the shaft it is riding on and any other linkage going to the brake arm. I am still not sure if that bolt and spring setup is to increase pressure on that compression plate.
David