B2920 actual weight?

/ B2920 actual weight? #1  

ericher69

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota b2920
Can anybody shed some light on this...kubota website lists tractor weight at 1554 lbs.
http://www.kubota.ca/flash/b_series/pdf/b_series_spec.pdf

Now I was looking at the ROPS this a.m. and found the tractor specification plate near the right rear tire on the ROPS and the plate states that the tractor mass is 3075lbs.??

Has anybody actually weighed one of these tractors?

I would like to know the accurate weight before I purchase a trailer.

ps. I had a Bolens HT20 that weighed 1200 lbs. and the b2920 is a much larger machine.

Food for thought!

Thanks

ericher69

/ B2920 actual weight? #2  
I am very interested in this answer as well. I have the 2620 (same weight as the 2920) and I was questionning the 1554 as well.

/ B2920 actual weight? #3  
Here you go: http://www.kubota.com/f/products/B2320/pdf/b_series_spec.pdf

Not as heavy as you would think. As for a trailer for it.......I use a 7,000lb GVWR tandem axle with electric brakes on both axles and equipment ramps. I would recomend this as a minimum, as the payload on mine is 5,000lb max. If I was to do it again, I'd buy a 9,900GVWR trailer to be on the safer side with and future hauling like heavier machines. My 5200 is around 1,300lb bare, but it jumps up fast when you add the FEL, counter weight, mower, and any attachments/ implements you may bring along.:cool:

Oh, and a beavertail model is super if you run a belly mower.

/ B2920 actual weight?
Camo;

I had posted the link! My concern is that they "screwed up" the weight rating like they did for the hydraulic flow...reads 31.4gpm and 8.3lpm should be reversed.

Also how do you explain the weight rating on the rops/tractor serial number plate?

I will try and take this tractor to the weight scale and get this resolved once and for all!

Thanks

ericher69

/ B2920 actual weight? #5  
Alot of the B series seem to run similar in weight. I can't see a bare B series could weight 3,000lbs.. But that weight is only a base line as when most add loaded tires, and add ons, the weight changes drastically.
Sorry for posting the link from Kubota......Just trying to help you out.:( My guess is that the plate on the ROPS is for the capacity of the ROPS which may be used on several different tractors, and/ or need to support not only a bare tractor, but one with implements, loaded tires, an operator in the seat, etc.. A ROPS built for only a bare tractor would be useless. If it rolls, chances are it is working when it happens.

/ B2920 actual weight? #6  
Go to tractordata.com Kubota and they might have some base figures for you for weights.

/ B2920 actual weight? #7  
Can anybody shed some light on this...kubota website lists tractor weight at 1554 lbs.
http://www.kubota.ca/flash/b_series/pdf/b_series_spec.pdf

Now I was looking at the ROPS this a.m. and found the tractor specification plate near the right rear tire on the ROPS and the plate states that the tractor mass is 3075lbs.??

Has anybody actually weighed one of these tractors?

I would like to know the accurate weight before I purchase a trailer.

ps. I had a Bolens HT20 that weighed 1200 lbs. and the b2920 is a much larger machine.

Food for thought!

Thanks

ericher69

The ROPS is designed to take the dynamic stress into account for a roll over accident. I'm surprised its that low in mass weight distrubution. I'd like to know the mathmatical equasion they use without paying for it in a ASTM standard. Remember it has to protect you the weight of the tractor and any attachments. You want to look at a two axle trailer to haul this B Series around. I have a single rated at 3500 GVWR and a ZD326P is all it can handle.

/ B2920 actual weight? #8  
Just my .02, but I would be willing to bet a 2920 weighs between 1700-1900 without loader or attachments. A 2920 is about the same size as a JD 2520 and my TYM 273 which both weigh in this range as well.

/ B2920 actual weight? #9  
You definitly want to look at tandem axle trailers for hauling that with electric brakes. I use a 7000 lb. GVWR trailer for mine, and there are times that I wish I had bought the 9,990 lb version when hauling some things other than my tractor.
Keep in mind, it's rated for 7000, but weighs 2000, so I can legally haul only 5,000 lb on it.:cool:

/ B2920 actual weight? #10  
The weights Kubota uses are shipping weights, add about 10% for an operating weight.

As for a trailer, 7000lb duel axle is a must. Your too heavy for a single axle.