B3030 FEL

/ B3030 FEL #1  

athek

Tractor
Massey Fergussen, 1953
I took delivery of a new 3030 yesterday, and when I started using it, I was surprised that the loader will not lift the front wheels off the ground as my old Masey-Fergussen To30 will do. When I use down pressure the front wheels will come up slightly, but not enough to raise them with any ground clearance. The wheels will come up if I curl the bucket back. It seems the bucket has plenty of hydaulic strength, but the arms of the loader do not. Any ideas?

/ B3030 FEL #2  
I would assume you have an LA403 loader, and kubota.com shows the digging depth with bucket level of 5". That would indicate to me that if you put the bucket on the ground, level, and apply down pressure, it should raise the front of the tractor 5". Of course, with the pivot of the front axle, both front wheels may not be 5" off the ground; one may be lower than the other, and of course with the flexing of the tires you may have to raise the front of the tractor an inch or more before a tire starts to leave the ground. Have you tried measuring to see if the front of the tractor can be raised that much?

/ B3030 FEL #3  
You may need over 1500 rpm's to get front to raise off ground. I use curl to get enough clearance to get MMM from under tractor. It will easily raise about 14".

/ B3030 FEL #4  
Good point that I overlooked, Ron. It might not work well unless you rev the engine up a bit.

/ B3030 FEL
Thanks for your input. I think the rev issue was the problem. On my old Masey, it would lift the front with the engine at idle, but the 3030 needs more throttle. I tried that and no problem, lifts it right up.
A benefit with my new machine. my son who's 11 but looks 14 would never run the old machine, (probably just as well with no safety features) but he is right up and helping with the new machine! Thanks again.