B3030 hydraulic independent pto question.

/ B3030 hydraulic independent pto question.
I wish soundguy lived across the street from me! :D

/ B3030 hydraulic independent pto question. #13  
lawn_king said:
I wish soundguy lived across the street from me! :D

Naah - He'd probably sucker you into working on his "fleet" of tractors - I've lost count as to how many he's got now - some are real antiques too.:D

Edit - a quick check of his profile indicates 11 tractors.

/ B3030 hydraulic independent pto question. #14  
Soundguy, could you give me a reference for a cheap sprinkler dump valve? I'm trying to find some on the web without any success. Thanks

/ B3030 hydraulic independent pto question. #15  
I've bought them at hardware stores... just plain items.. 9-15 $ has a female threaded inlet and outlet, and a solenoid wioth 2 wires coming out of it... Usually run on 9-18v. I've used them to make air cannons for paintball games, and put a 9v battery in a plastic box with a push button switch. put a compressed air tank on one side ( piece of 2' long 4" pvc with a cap on one end and a reducer to 1" / threaded nipple on t he other end works good.. Tap the cap end for a schrader valve to refill with air. Put a 3/4" pvc pipe int he other enf and shove a kleenex down the pipe.. stuff 4-5 paint balls down and another kleenex.. charge the tank with some air, then hit the button.. and poof.. you have a paintball cannon..

any place that sells lawn sprinkler equipment.. like timers and such should have a sprinkler system valve..

I did a search for 'sprinkler valve' at lowes.com and got this on my 1st hit.. I have used this exact same model.. As well as ones from Home depot.. and true value hardware..

here's a link to the 1" model.. they also have a 3/4" model too.. 1' probably better for this application.. I see thaey are up to 15.87$ now..

Lowe's Home

Soundguy

/ B3030 hydraulic independent pto question. #16  
Thanks Soundguy. I finally found some... 12-15$.

About PVC canon, I know what you're talking about. Seems fun to operate :D... lunching potatoes, rubber balls, etc...

PVC canon

/ B3030 hydraulic independent pto question. #17  
Yep.. we also made a 2" barrell and would launch small balls.. or wads of tube socks balled up... etc..

Soundguy

/ B3030 hydraulic independent pto question. #18  
Soundguy said:
Yep.. we also made a 2" barrell and would launch small balls.. or wads of tube socks balled up... etc..

Soundguy

You da man Soundguy. I know my boys would love it. Lot of noise and no destruction. Good combination:D