B414 International Brakes/Diff Seals

/ B414 International Brakes/Diff Seals #1  

3850chevy

Tractor
international 414B
Could someone please post/email a link for servicing / replacing rear brakes and replacing brake/diff seals. I've bought new brake discs and have been told to replace inner brake seals at the same time. Have pulled brake assembly off and undone all counter-sunk bolts to inner wear-plate... the inner wear-plate will not come off. I'm picking there is a c-clip inside the diff......???

/ B414 International Brakes/Diff Seals #2  
I'm not that familiar with the B414, but I am familiar with a few of the IH brake assy's. Before you tug too hard on that back plate, you may want to look at this exploded view at Case/IH:Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts and note parts #1 & part #14, and notice the notches in them. If this is similar to the Farmall H's internal design, you need to remove the trans cover, and pull the bull gear, so as to remove the bearing cage/backplate. If not, you'll break that bearing cage. Don't ask how I know..., thanks to an I&T manual that had THAT, in another section. grrrr.....

On my Super C's with disc brakes, the backing plates have other holes, where you put bolts in, and turn them in, which pushes the backing plate out of the rear housing. But these have that loop you see forming that notch cut away, so you don't need to remove the bull gears to pull it.

I'd advise to hold up until someone else responds that has done that job, or..., find a manual. Just trying to keep you from having further complications.

/ B414 International Brakes/Diff Seals #3  
You need to remove the rockshaftassembly and loosen the bullgear inside .....remove the finaldrive and then rollback the bullgear ......then only you can remove the backplate and sideshafts that go throu the brakeplates to replace that seals