B6000 Charging system

/ B6000 Charging system #1  

Oldie68

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B6000 and a Ferguson TEA 20
Hi all, new here.
Recrntly aquired a B6000 with a fel and a backhoe.
Found fanbelt had been replaced but sonebody didnt reinstall the tensioner.
When I figured this out and sort of got some tebsion on the belt, I see from motir running charging system diesnt seem to be working.
Only 11 volts at battery terminals.
Need some help in troubleshooting.
I have 2 downloaded and printed manuals. Operators and service.
Not overly descriptive or easliy illustrated.
Also I need some advice on attachements such as my fel and backhoe if they're actually kubota or modified add ons.
Thanks.

/ B6000 Charging system #2  
Maybe try posting at the Kubota Owner/Operating Forum for a better response.
Good Luck!

/ B6000 Charging system #3  
Your FEL and backhoe should be Kubota orange and have Kubota model numbers. As far as the charging system disconnect the battery. Clean cable connectors and battery terminals. Reinstall and tighten securely. If you can move them they're not secure. Follow ground lead to frame. Clean and tighten. Charge the battery. This is the point from which you should begin troubleshooting.

/ B6000 Charging system
Your FEL and backhoe should be Kubota orange and have Kubota model numbers. As far as the charging system disconnect the battery. Clean cable connectors and battery terminals. Reinstall and tighten securely. If you can move them they're not secure. Follow ground lead to frame. Clean and tighten. Charge the battery. This is the point from which you should begin troubleshooting.
They appear orange in color. I'll begin with that but with a meter on battery terminals when running only shows 11 volts. the guy i bought it from said it was a new battery and looks fairly new. I'll have to verify the rectifier is good and the volts at the dyno connections are as they should be.

/ B6000 Charging system #5  
Eleven volts is obviously not enough. A defective battery CAN pull down the voltage. Try to charge it with a battery charger. After that it may be the dyno, the voltage regulator, or even corrosion in the wiring. Good luck!!

/ B6000 Charging system
I hear ya on that
Eleven volts is obviously not enough. A defective battery CAN pull down the voltage. Try to charge it with a battery charger. After that it may be the dyno, the voltage regulator, or even corrosion in the wiring. Good luck!!
I hear ya on that. I'll probably put it on charge today n see. Still gotta learn the characteristics n stuff about this little unit.

/ B6000 Charging system #7  
I used to own a Kubota B7000 and also had some issues with it not charging properly. I managed to track down the issue to a broken solder on one of the diodes of the rectifier. The rectifier sits behind the dash. You may also what to check the connections between the generator and the rectifier. Should be 3 wires and those wires have a bullet style terminal each somewhere in the middle of the wires.

Mine was putting out something like 11.5 volts, which is simply not enough. I also discovered that the bearings on the fan hub/generator were going out and took the opportunity to rebuild that with new bearings.

/ B6000 Charging system
I used to own a Kubota B7000 and also had some issues with it not charging properly. I managed to track down the issue to a broken solder on one of the diodes of the rectifier. The rectifier sits behind the dash. You may also what to check the connections between the generator and the rectifier. Should be 3 wires and those wires have a bullet style terminal each somewhere in the middle of the wires.

Mine was putting out something like 11.5 volts, which is simply not enough. I also discovered that the bearings on the fan hub/generator were going out and took the opportunity to rebuild that with new bearings.
I hear ya, well for starters the unit cane with a new fan belt on it but someone potentially the second previous owner (guy befire the guy i bought from) probably put it on but didnt put the belt tensioner on. It was in a plastic bag zip tied to a jug of kubota oil. I figured out put what it was and sort of how it went on.
I sort of have determined also either the steering wheel isn't the right one or whatever fixing mechanism such as a key/keyway has been compromised as its loose under the main nut and simine has drilled a set screw hol in the hub at the side in an attempt to keep it tight. I'll know more when I actually remove the sterring wheel to see what's under it.

/ B6000 Charging system

I hear ya. Anyone know the output in volts of the dyno at any of the 3 wires. Then maybe will have to verify the rectifier condition