b6000 trailing arms

/ b6000 trailing arms #1  

cappys tractor

Bronze Member
Tractor
B6000 4WD
Does anyone have info on the length and thickness (dimensions) of the trailing arms and top link for a B6000?

Now that I have gotten the 3PH working, and have the bottom plate, and the top link bracket I just need the arm lengths to get it going.

Any one got one they can measure for me????

Thanks,

John

/ b6000 trailing arms
Also do the lift rods have to be the actual rods or can i substitute chain of the appropriate length?

and probably the most important question: does the arm and rod length HAVE to be identical to OEM, or is "close" good enough?

it seems the only really important thing here is to have the 'crook' in the trailing arm the right shape to minimize hitting the tires, correct?

and just an observation, but why do the chains fasten to the out side end of the hitch plate rod? why dont they mount on the inside, and cross to remove them from being hit by stuff on the outside of the tractor?

/ b6000 trailing arms #3  
I was being prepped to build a set of arms and the assorted stuff on the back of a B6000 tractor for a good friend, when he found the whole set on ebay for about $130(memory test?). Both arms with chains, and the adjustable vertical links with it. All new, so I got out of having to help him make them. He watched them on ebay for about 3 months before he finally bought them, as they would sell, and then they would relist another set.
If you really need the measurements, and nobody here has it, I might can get him to measure it for me. The tractor was stored here up until last month, but with hunting season coming, trails had to be mowed, so he came and picked it up.
Which pto spline does your tractor have? (6, 16, 18?) and which direction does it turn? CW or CCW?
David from jax

/ b6000 trailing arms #4  
I think crossing the chains gets in the way of the spinning pto shaft when the mowing deck or other implement is raised too high. I didn't like the way they were either, but couldn't figure out a better way.
I built a plate and welded on pins to fit the bottom of his tractor last year.(pins for the arms to mount on) He called me last week and said the plate fell off, and stripped a couple of the threaded holes that he had used to mount the plate. Apparently they had worked loose and gone un-noticed. I suggested that he loc-tite the bolts in when he re-tapped the holes so it wouldn't happen again. Hard to see without crawling under, but he sure wishes he had double checked them before they fell out.
David from jax

/ b6000 trailing arms
I went to the Orange dealer and the parts guys actually said: if I find the same dimensions for cat 1 they are interchangeable!! wow, i guess i found an honest dealer!

on a different topic, why would the 3PH drop slowly? im talking... it takes two hours to drop the arms from up to down. if i stand on the rear lift they drop in about 25 minutes.

I changed out the Oring and the piston slides freely. why would the lift arms drop slowly? Is it possible to have the oil return passage clogged? the FEL still works fine, and I am not sure how one can be slow and one can be normal.

any ideas?

/ b6000 trailing arms #6  
It drops slowly when you move the lever to drop it or without touching it? My B6100 drops by itself, I assume this is why it has a chain to hold implements at a certain height. If it's slow when you move the lever then maybe the limitation clamp (no idea what the real name is) is in need of adjustment. It's just a set screw on the rod the lever attaches to. I think there is also an adjustment for drop rate, I would have to look at the manual for that.

If you need pics of a factory setup PM me and I will post them.