B7100

/ B7100 #1  

TigerfaninAR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 FEL, MMM
Seems to be a few of these in the 500-800 hour range for around 5K with the belly mower. Saw one that had almost 1800 hours for cheaper, don't know if that's getting up there?

We have a property we'll be building on, hopefully start next year, so need something to mow about 5-6 acres for the next two seasons. I'll be leaving the tractor at the property so don't want anything too new.

Couple questions:

With just mowing does four-wheel vs. 2wd make difference?
Gear fine for only mowing (no fel)?
Any known things to look for with this model. Most I've seen are 1993 models.

I know it'd be cheaper to have someone just go out and cut it for me but I enjoy going out there and this looks like a good excuse. Only so many times I can go walk out there with a cup of coffee before the wife thinks I'm up to no good. Am I wrong in thinking I should be able to sell for at least 3K in two years with just some mowing time on it. Then I can get a nice new shiny one with all the new attachments once we move in.:D

/ B7100 #2  
B7100 are good units however given their age and your intentions I would suggest to get 4WD, a FEL, and the rear mount mower.

Reasons: 2WD reduces selling/buying/resale, FEL are expensive to add but when bouhgt with a unit are reasonable, and get a new rear mower that you can keep for your new tractor.

Hours: I would think 500-1000 are good, 1500 and up are OK, but it really depends on the owner and maintenance. Only you can determine that by looking a a few.

So you can buy a 2WD B with mower for low $ as a "starter" tractor, but I would think with the house in the near term the 4WD and Loader would serve your needs better for a few more $ today you will get a better trade in when you want to upgrade.

If of course you need to "get in low" then go with the 2wd and mower setup, then you can always justify a new unit for - snow/landscaping/grading etc, but building a house takes $ and near the end budgets tend to be tight...

/ B7100
B7100 are good units however given their age and your intentions I would suggest to get 4WD, a FEL, and the rear mount mower.

Reasons: 2WD reduces selling/buying/resale, FEL are expensive to add but when bouhgt with a unit are reasonable, and get a new rear mower that you can keep for your new tractor.

Hours: I would think 500-1000 are good, 1500 and up are OK, but it really depends on the owner and maintenance. Only you can determine that by looking a a few.

So you can buy a 2WD B with mower for low $ as a "starter" tractor, but I would think with the house in the near term the 4WD and Loader would serve your needs better for a few more $ today you will get a better trade in when you want to upgrade.

If of course you need to "get in low" then go with the 2wd and mower setup, then you can always justify a new unit for - snow/landscaping/grading etc, but building a house takes $ and near the end budgets tend to be tight...

Most the ones in my area are 4wd but hardly any have a FEL. I'll use this as a starter tractor so I can keep the place decent before we start building.