b7100d clutch ? problem

/ b7100d clutch ? problem #1  

BEGAGUY

hello again, well since my last post i have reconnected my backhoe and it seems to be working very well, i now have a couple of new problems ( 1 ) when i fully depress the clutch the tractor at high revs still creeps forword very slowly, ( 2 ) when the tractor is in gear and i depress the clutch i get a bit of vibration from the front diff, not sure if this is norm, if any one has any comments i would like to hear them.

thanks

william

/ b7100d clutch ? problem #2  
Hi,

You might try adjusting the clutch a little, it may not be releasing all the way. Not tractor related but when drag racing a stick car, the clutch can get a little "grabby" on the line holding the revs. Enough to make you redlight without a line lock. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Double check that your clutch adjustment is within spec.

For #2 I'm not sure what you mean. Is the tractor still moving? If its stopped, the front diff shouldn't be turning so the vibration would have to be somewhere else.

Rodger

/ b7100d clutch ? problem #3  
I had a B7200 and had sort of the same problem. I broke the tractor in half and discovered that the input shaft goes through the clutch and then through the flywheel and into the end of the crank. There was suppose to be a bearing in the end of the crank that the input shaft rode in to keep is straight. The bearing had disintegrated and the shaft was wobbling around eating out the end of the crank as well as ruining the inside of the clutch.
To correct the problem, I had the input shaft cut down on the end and had a bearing pressed into the flywheel and bought a new clutch. That prevented me from having to get a new crank. Ronnie at tractorsmart gave me the idea and said that is how the larger tractors are setup. I think it ended up costing be about $150 to $200 whereas a new crank alone was $850. I wouldn't let it go to long because it just gets worse.
Mine was so bad that I would push the clutch in and you could hear a grinding noise and it would grind the gears when changing them.
Good luck.

/ b7100d clutch ? problem
hello been away for a couple of days, well my tractor does grind when shifting the gears and also noticed that the pto still turns when clutch is depressed ? not sure if it should do this will try to identify the exact location of the vibration. thanks again

william

/ b7100d clutch ? problem
hello i have not used my b7100 since i last posted been to busy at work well i have split my tractor and bear with me as i try to describe what i see /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, i now have the tractor in 2 pieces the engine side being 1 and the gearbox side being 2 now the gear box side has what i would describe as a drive shaft poking from it now my quistion is should this move up and down and from left to right ? i think this is where my vibration is coming from /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif,

many thanks

william