b7100hst starting?

/ b7100hst starting? #1  

bruski

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota b2400HSD
I've had a later model B7100HST for about 6 months. Been very happy with its operation and ease of servicing. I have a question about starting. It sometimes (after warming the glow plug) does nothing when I turn the ignition the first time or two, sort of clicks, then starts right up. Is this the battery going? The starter going? Sort of reminds me of when I was a kid and we'd say about a starter, "It has a dead spot." The problem is intermittent. Should I ignore it until something fails?

Bruski

/ b7100hst starting? #2  
If it finally turns over fine once it "catches" then I would say that the battery is fine. Possibly either the ignition switch going bad or the starter having that "dead spot" in it.

/ b7100hst starting? #3  
Make sure you clean the battery terminals well before doing anything else. One of the reasons I got my B6100 so cheap is because it would only start with a jump. I cleaned the terminals and haven't had an issue since and it still has the same battery.

/ b7100hst starting? #4  
it also could be the switch on clutch pedal
i have the same problem once and a while

/ b7100hst starting?
robbieo11 said:
it also could be the switch on clutch pedal
i have the same problem once and a while

Yep, I believe this is it. Thanks!

Bruski

/ b7100hst starting? #6  
My batt terminals were extremely corroded on the B7100 I bought this summer. Cleaned them up real good and put dielectric grease on the terminals and now no starting problems.