B7510 Hyd.

/ B7510 Hyd. #1  

B7510HSD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
Can I use the quick connects on the FEL to operate a cylinder only for a homemade log splitter???? I would run the splitter via lever that actuactes the QD in use?? Just a thought on building something and useing what I can of what I have!!

/ B7510 Hyd. #2  
It would work but the setup might be a pain. Can you set the splitter up so the loader valve is in reach and still have working room? The lack of an auto retract is going to slow your operation down.

Have you looked into buying a splitter valve and adding power beyond to the tractor?

/ B7510 Hyd.
It would work but the setup might be a pain. Can you set the splitter up so the loader valve is in reach and still have working room? The lack of an auto retract is going to slow your operation down.

Have you looked into buying a splitter valve and adding power beyond to the tractor?

I will have to look into that I am just trying to save a few penny's over buying a splitter but nay end up with close to the cost just to set this up...I work in the forklift industry and have access to cylinders and valves and will build my own hoses as needed..What would I look for in a valve?

/ B7510 Hyd. #4  
I haven't looked into the technical details of buying a valve but lots of stores sell dedicated log splitter valves. For the $$ I bought a little 12 ton, added a filter before the pump and ran with it.