B7610 front axle leaks...common prob.?

/ B7610 front axle leaks...common prob.? #1  

digger2

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota B26 TLB,former B7610 owner
hey guys,
Has anybody out there with a B7610-7510 ever had a problem with the front axle leaking fluid?Its where the front axle actually steers on the outside end,theres a seal of some kind in there.About 6 weeks ago i had it back to the dealer to fix the right side,now the left side is leaking.
Its still covered for this under the warranty,and i'll prob. take it back again for them to do,but has anybody had the same trouble with theirs?I'm wondering if this is a common problem.
Also for anybody who has takled the job themselves,how bad is it to fix it yourself.I'm a pretty fair mechanic,but does it take special "Kubota-
factory authorized" special tools,or standard found in most toolbox type
tools?...................digger2

/ B7610 front axle leaks...common prob.? #2  
Hey Digger,

I've got a 7510 with (Knock Wood) no leaks in the front axle. Had a few small leaks in other spots when it was new. All confidence in your wrenching skills.... be careful not to void that warranty.

Lucky me, I'm only a mile from my dealership. So service isn't a problem.

Good luck.

/ B7610 front axle leaks...common prob.? #3  
If it's under warrenty, it's dealers responsibility! It's not a difficult job and doesn't require any special tools, but I'd still let the dealer take care of it as you'll have to invest time and money for seal and oil if you tackle it yourself.

/ B7610 front axle leaks...common prob.?
Oh ,i'll be taking it back to the dealer.Its just a pain in the butt cause i just had it there for the same thing on the other side about six weeks ago.
Must be nice livin only a mile away from the dealer though.I'm about
40 miles away,and with the price of that gold colored stuff nowdays,thats
what hurts the most.The F-250 Super Duty 4x4 is a thirsty beast when it pulls that trailer.
I did a little searching on here and supposedly,someone says,these leaks are caused buy lifting too much FEL weight w/o a heavy enough counterweight.I cant beleive that my 850# Woods B.H. isnt enough counterweight.Besides,the FEL is going to lift the same max. weight whether you have
a counterweight or not,putting the same load on the front axle,so that theory doesnt sound right to me.
Oh well,its off to the dealer......gotta give his guys somethin to do anyway.....keep um busy............digger2

/ B7610 front axle leaks...common prob.? #5  
I had a B7500 for @ 400 hrs before getting my L2800 and I never had an axle leak, I did alot of FEl dirt work also, I do alot of FEL dirt work with my L2800 and with 195hrs on it no leaks so far and I carry some heaping piles of dirt...my toothbar helps in that:)

/ B7610 front axle leaks...common prob.? #6  
digger2 said:
... Has anybody out there with a B7610-7510 ever had a problem with the front axle leaking fluid? ...

Lots of BX22s and BX23s had a similar problem. Both of mine did. I replaced the leaky seals myself because neither tractor was under warranty at the time. It did not require special tools on these particular models. For me, the most important thing was being careful not to score the housing when removing the old seal. I also replaced the axle oil with a much heavier grade.