B7800 - AG Tire Size

/ B7800 - AG Tire Size #1  

GKChesterton

Tractor
CK2610 HST; B7800
Just became the proud second owner of a B7800 with FEL and mmm. Have a couple of questions. First and foremost needs a new tire on the front. The manual says to use a 7-12 for AG. These are hard to find and pricy. I noticed the owner has on 6-12 AG tires. Seems to fit well so I知 wondering if I need to buy two new 7-12 as opposed to just replacing the bad tire with another 6-12. Second, the fan belt is a little worn. I am going by the dealer to pick up filters and etc for a full fluid change I will be doing. I am going to pick up a new belt. How hard is this to change out? Last, I guess, any advice on this model from long-time owners? Important areas to grease or watch out for?

/ B7800 - AG Tire Size #2  
I'm a 7800 owner for 15 years. First, does the circumference of the 6-12 tire match the 7-12. If not it will put significant stress on the front drive components. Try Simple Tire for the 7-12. Second, the belt change is easy. Loosen 2 bolts on the dynamo (aka generator) and rotate it back. Slip the new belt on and lightly rotate the back into position. Don't put too much tension on the belt.

/ B7800 - AG Tire Size
Thanks for that information. I will measure it against the circumference in the owners manual. I imagine that could really stress the 4wd if it is off. Oddly, I just saw that the manual lists a 6-12 front ag for the non us tractor.

If you have a chance, I壇 be interested to know what you do for fuel. Do you have to put any additive in the low sulphur diesel from the pump?

/ B7800 - AG Tire Size #4  
Thanks for that information. I will measure it against the circumference in the owners manual. I imagine that could really stress the 4wd if it is off. Oddly, I just saw that the manual lists a 6-12 front ag for the non us tractor.

If you have a chance, I壇 be interested to know what you do for fuel. Do you have to put any additive in the low sulphur diesel from the pump?

Since CA requires a cetane number of 53 by law, no boosters are needed here. Ive had no issues with low sulfur in 15 years and 600 hrs

/ B7800 - AG Tire Size #5  
A small height dif in tires is not much to worry about. Belt is prety easy to change. You may want to remove the side covers to see better.