Backhoe B7800 backhoe question

/ B7800 backhoe question #1  

ohiojim

I have a B7800 new to me [39hrs] question, I know where theres two backhoe;s one a 4672A self contained 3pt unit .the other a quick hitch unit uses the tractor hydro system . I would use about five six times a year , small stuff around the pond and small ditching jobs nothing big . I:D like to leave the belly mower on/ it does have a loader/,turf tires/ questions can I leave the belly mower on with the quick hitch?? witch rig is the best?? the price of the hoes is the same $3800.bucks both in great shape . I<M geting old don;t want to rassle these things on and off.

/ B7800 backhoe question #2  
i have a woods backhoe that attaches to a sub frame on the tractor it is very easy to get on and off. do not have a belly mounted mower so i can not answer that question. i have heard that the three point backhoe adds a lot of stress to the three pont hitch. hope that helps:)

/ B7800 backhoe question #3  
Just my take on it,
to use the one that uses the tractor hydraulic's who is doing the plumbing work needed on the tractor to hook it up?

That could change the price!

I don't remember them using that model backhoe where it hooked into the tractor.

That would make it more difficult for a freind in need to borrow.

It would rinse the systems oil out and exchange it with the tractors hydraulic fluid so unlike the self contained unit that you would or should change once in a while.

Kubota did use the 4672 on those tractors so even with it not being a full frame, Kubota didn't have the problems some manufacturers are with the tractor breakage.

/ B7800 backhoe question #4  
I would get a backhoe that has a subframe kit option. I have also read many posts like nhkubotab7800 concerning horror stories where tractors have been damaged by using only the 3 point hook-up. Even though you're not planning to use it a lot, it only takes one bad stress situation to break something. Do a search on this site about this topic and you will see what we are talking about.

Woods makes a great unit with a subframe kit option. Hope this helps.

/ B7800 backhoe question #5  
Kubota has used that backhoe for a long time ( the three point) While I would prefer a sub frame mounted hoe, for light, and infrequent use, it should be fine. Make sure you check with your dealer to see if a heavy duty top link mounting bracket is available. When installed by dealers, they were often part of the installation.

/ B7800 backhoe question #6  
Check with Messicks for an upgraded top link for the 3PH.
When I was choosing a BH the 4672 option required an upgraded top link.

/ B7800 backhoe question
I went to the dealer today, took me to the shop and showed me both set up's . I:LL go with the quick hitch looks alot more sturdy than a 3pt . thanks for the info. when you see the set up on each one close up ,you;ll choose the quick hitch too.

/ B7800 backhoe question #8  
Jim,
I have B7800 with 35hrs.
I have the BH 76 backhoe.
This is not the 3 point hitch model.
I don't remember the pro's and con's.
I am happy with the model.
It has plenty of power.
It is easy to take off and put on once you get the hang of it.
It takes about 10 minutes to take off and 10 to put on.
It wasn't this easy for the first 10 times.
I have some lessons learned the hard way stories for you if you buy this model.
Rich

/ B7800 backhoe question #9  
I went to the dealer today, took me to the shop and showed me both set up's . I:LL go with the quick hitch looks alot more sturdy than a 3pt . thanks for the info. when you see the set up on each one close up ,you;ll choose the quick hitch too.
Around here quick hitch normally means 3 point with an adapter. Sounds like you are looking at one with a subframe that hooks up with a 4 point. If so that's a lot sturdier.