B7800 Front Axle Rebuild

/ B7800 Front Axle Rebuild #11  
Thanks for the info guys. I have a copy of the workshop manual but its a little different when it talks about setting it up. It has a setting the backlash section with a level type dial gage but from what I’m used to with the truck differentials we just painted the ring gear to get the correct pattern. Could I do the same? Or is it completely different? I want to make sure I do this right so I do not shell out the diff again as soon as I run 4x4 again. Has anyone rebuilt the front axle before?

Another thing to consider when you rebuild the axle....consider changing to regular 80/90 weight gear oil, instead of UDT/Super UDT. I don't know what the B7800 manual calls for, but most Kubotas seem to come with Super UDT from the factory. I blew a couple of gears on my b2910 a few years ago, and switched to 80/90 lube when I rebuilt it....no further troubles...knock wood.

/ B7800 Front Axle Rebuild #12  
Another thing to consider when you rebuild the axle....consider changing to regular 80/90 weight gear oil, instead of UDT/Super UDT. I don't know what the B7800 manual calls for, but most Kubotas seem to come with Super UDT from the factory. I blew a couple of gears on my b2910 a few years ago, and switched to 80/90 lube when I rebuilt it....no further troubles...knock wood.

Manual calls for either super udt or 80-90