B7800 vs JD 4210 opinions?

/ B7800 vs JD 4210 opinions? #1  

hurl54

Tractor
JD 650
I know they are not exact comparisons, the B2910 is similar but the B7800 is much less $. I have owned Deere and want a 30hp tractor for basic HD work. The Deeres in NE are 10% more than Kubota. Any thoughts?

/ B7800 vs JD 4210 opinions? #2  
I recently tried out JD 4010 and B7510. Definitely preferred and have bought the JD 4010 because of its ergonomics. The B7510 had the brakes on the same side as the forward hydro pedal. The rearward hydro pedal is a tiny thing back near the seat. Could get the B7510 with its 2 hp more for same price as the JD 4010, but 18 hp is enough for me and definitely prefer the far better ergonomics of the 4010.

My neighbor has a new JD 4310. Don't know whether he looked at others. He did have some sort of off-brand tractor with a bush hog that he was throwing rocks with on trieal before he bought the JD.

Ralph

/ B7800 vs JD 4210 opinions? #3  
Forget the two colors. Get the one with the best dealer. Both tractors are good tractors. But neither one is good with a poor dealer. After you decide which is the best dealer then think about which fits you the best and then think price.

You may even want to throw in another color just for comparison reasons. Doesn't hurt
murph

/ B7800 vs JD 4210 opinions?
I totally agree about dealer importance, but unfortunately the two local dealers should be selling cars not tractors. So I am
looking at price and durability as well as function and the B7800 seems to fit.

/ B7800 vs JD 4210 opinions? #5  
You can do a search in these forums and read alot about the dfiferences between brands. However, your B7800 vs JD 4210 is still a good question.

As you know, the JD has a larger frame size. You havent filled out your profile, so I cant tell how much property you are trying to manage....

I went with a kubota and the kubota dealer is 70 miles away. JD dealer is 6 miles away.
I went with the tractor I liked (kubota), NOT the dealer I liked.

I figured Id spend a lot more time on the tractor than I would at the dealer! Seriously, BOTH are excellent machines. Go with your instincts!

One comment I might make.
My friends around here that have compact tractors usually are divided ths way.

Growing up in agriculture as a kid - they go with a John Deere compact.
Growing up in the suburbs or hobby farms - they go Kubota compact.

Im the exception. I was a farm kid and bought a kubota. Either would be a good choice.

good luck.
dwight