B7800 woods loader vs stock kubota or LA 402

/ B7800 woods loader vs stock kubota or LA 402 #1  

logan97

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 4/wd
any opinions on a woods 1008 vs a kubota loader pros cons ?

/ B7800 woods loader vs stock kubota or LA 402 #2  
I have a LA402 loader with a 60" bucket on my B7800. It does everything I expect of a loader this size and then some. I have no idea what the price of a Woods verses a Kubota loader is. I wouldn't think of buying anything other than my LA402. Woods makes good stuff. I have been using their rear finishing mowers for decades. And I wouldn't for a second think of buying a Kubota rear finishing mower over my Woods PRD7200.

/ B7800 woods loader vs stock kubota or LA 402 #3  
I bought a new tractor in 2002 with a Woods 1012 loader on it. I always kept it clean and stored inside. During the first year paint flaked off in sheets. It looked like they painted over light rust. Next the joystick linkage was made of pot metal and cracked apart while I was grading out some black dirt for the neighbor. I was embarassed being the neighborhood "tractor guy" and having to go home job un-finished and wait a week for a new part.

My next tractor was a Kubota L4330 and I bought it with the Kubota LA853 loader on it. It was 10 times better than the Woods loader on my previous tractor. I am a Woods fan. I have a Woods box blade, 2 rear blades and a Woods batwing mower, but never another Woods loader.

Good luck!

/ B7800 woods loader vs stock kubota or LA 402 #5  
If I were buying a used tractor I'd want a Kubota loader. If it had any brand other than Kubota I would figure the price I'd give as it having no loader if not a Kubota. Just one mans opinion.

/ B7800 woods loader vs stock kubota or LA 402 #6  
I normally allow the customer to make the call, but I also tell them that I'd trust the fellow that designed the tractor to design the best loader for overall performance over someone that wants one to fit as many models and makes as it can so he can secure a profit.