babcat 773t kubota v2003 turbo oil pressure light came on

/ babcat 773t kubota v2003 turbo oil pressure light came on #1  

deck60

I have a bobcat 773turbo with the kubota v2003t in it about 3800hrs oil changed on regular basis have used synthetic for the last 5 years

here lately my oil pressure light has been coming on so I installed a manual gauge and changed oil and filter this time i put in rotella 1540 a little heavy for this time of year but I needed a baseline

so it would start about 48psi and after 15min of run time it would be at 21psi where light would come on so i have been keeping an eye on it and gathering parts I had a head gasket set and I just bought a pan gasket and new oil pump made the bracket to pull engine

basically I was getting ready to pull engine last Wednesday i loaded up a load of 18 big 1500-1800 lbs bales to take to auction so I had some cash to rebuild the engine and when I started it I noticed the pressure was at 65 cold so I loaded it and when going back to shed i noticed at full throttle it was at 50 psi after 20 minutes of hard running so at idle it was 32 so I ran it around for an hour moving snow and doing some other stuff and it was fine

so yesterday I started it up again moved some wood and other stuff and it is working great 50 psi warm and 32 and about 50 full throttle seems to be fixed but my concern is there was a reason that the oil pressure was not where it should be I think I am still going to pull it any ideas as to what it could be

/ babcat 773t kubota v2003 turbo oil pressure light came on #2  
Relief valve sticking or stuck open. Post units SN# and I can give you oil PSI specs.You don't have to remove the engine to access relief valve. Ball and spring type behind oil filter.:thumbsup:

/ babcat 773t kubota v2003 turbo oil pressure light came on
bobcat is 519014303

/ babcat 773t kubota v2003 turbo oil pressure light came on #4  
Here are the specs. 42.7 to 64 PSI @ rated high RPM. Allowable limit is 36 PSI. 14 PSI for idle. You have an early "G" series machine. This unit can be plugged into by your dealer to compare your analog readings to what the oil PSI sensor is telling the controller. I've seen the sensors fail more often that the engine lubrication system. Also some of those early units have an orifice between the elbow and the sensor. Check if your unit has it and make sure its clear.:thumbsup: