Backhoe Ford 555

/ Backhoe Ford 555 #11  
correct, as stated above - "I said the ring goes in a groove in the filter head. Plain English."

I just thought the picture might make more sense,

and I'd be hunting a new/better used manifold if you have that kind of rot already!

/ Backhoe Ford 555 #13  
I have a 555 and haven't been able to start it lately. It has fuel to the injector pump but not much coming out of the injector lines. I see some versions of the pump have 2 fuel lines going to the pump. One (thru a tube, part 28) on the end going in near where the injector lines come out and one going to the middle of the pump, this one looks like it's optional (parts 23, 68, etc... partstore.agriculture.newholland.com/us/AlmaTractorEquipmentInc/parts-search.html?csid=36d68e7d2246793cdecf7e5603ebd7d5&sl=EN&currency=#epc::mr53922ar493471 ). Do I need the second fuel line? what does it do? It didn't have it when I bought it.

/ Backhoe Ford 555 #14  
NO u don't need that line.. {I didn't look but from your description} THATS for a Cummins engine & its an automatic air bleed system.
It connects the return pipe back to the inlet..
Have u bled the air using the bleeder screw by the name plate.?? Its a double screw.. loosen the small portion using a 5/16 BOXEND wrench & spin the engine till fuel squirts out & no air & tighten..
Put the throttle in the WIDE OPEN position.. Loosen ALL the LINES AT THE INJECTORS & spin it till fuel squirts out & tighten..
DONT burn your starter up.. let it cool between cranks..
Good luck.

/ Backhoe Ford 555 #15  
Thanks, I'll try it again this weekend

/ Backhoe Ford 555 #16  
got fuel thru the filter and to the injection pump, but it barely comes out of the injection lines as a drip and it doesn't fire when I tighten them up at the injectors. I've replaced the filter, injection pump and injectors. It used to fire as long as I fed it either, but now it won't even do that. Is there a way to determine if the pump is working?

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Ford 555 #17  
U already did.. & it doesn't.. now u have to rebuild the engine..