Backhoe hydraulic adapter

/ Backhoe hydraulic adapter #1  

Jim_in_Omaha

Gold Member
Tractor
LK3054
Though I would put this here since it kind of fits into the build it catagory. I have a Chinese made Guilan backhoe I bought used cheap and made a subframe for my Kioti 3054. The big problem is the hydraulic fittings are unique. On mine everything has a male 18x1.5 mm metric fitting. And the hoses are all female. Its a flat face with an o-ring seal.

Not able to find replacement fittings, and hoses are a real challenge, I made some converters. Its a 3/8 to 3/8 swivel from surplus center. I drilled it out and then tapped it. Used JB Weld to fill it up about half way. Then surfaced the JB flat. Then drilled it out. I have installed 2 and so far no leaks. Now I can buy regular 3/8 hoses. Seems sort of mickey mouse but it works. I'm wondering if I was to just drill/tap them, then use something like Loctite 567 if they would hold.

Heres a pic.

thx
Jim

Attachments

• 597714-Fitting 1.JPG
    597714-Fitting 1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 680
   / Backhoe hydraulic adapter #2  
I am really frightened of the idea of using JBWeld for a high pressure fitting.I don't completely understand where in the fitting you put the plastic,but some brazing sounds like a little piece of mind.I did run across my first metric fittings today!!! Fortunately my local hydraulic shop had just the two that I needed for the weekends fun.Seems everywhere I go,I'm buying out all the stock....

/ Backhoe hydraulic adapter #3  
Jim; Can't help you out much with your adaptor problem but I recently purchased a Bradco hoe for my TC45D. I was interested in how you constructed your mount and if it was rigid enough for the task. A picture sure would be appreciated. Also how thick a wall did you use for the material? Thanks jr

/ Backhoe hydraulic adapter
Don't remember how thick the wall of the tubes are. Seems like they might be 1/8. I welded 2 together for each side. The backhoe was from a 30 hp chinese dozer. It would bolt to the back of the dozer and the seat would turn around or something like that. So I have to make a seat mount also. Heres a picture of it mounted on the tractor. I power the BH with a Prince 7gpm PTO pump. I only have to run the tractor about 1600 rpm.

As far as the JB weld goes, the photo shows it about half way down into the fitting. Its the flat surface with a hole in the middle.

Attachments

• 598079-Underframe.JPG
    598079-Underframe.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 467
Heres a pic of just the frame. I constructed the entire thing in a week because of other issues with building a new home. I had rented a trencher to run a 500' water line. But the trencher would not go through the gumbo clay here. So after about 200' I gave up with it and used the BH for the rest of it. The only problem I had was I broke the frame at the very rear below were the square plate is. I welded on some 1/4X1.5" flat in strategic places and finished without a problem. I didn't spend much time trying to make the frame look good. So its kind of thrown together but it does the job.

Its nice to have a tool like a backhoe to dig. This clay here is so hard to work in with a shovel. One scoop and it feels like it weights 15 pounds in the shovel. The Bh digs in it without much effort.

thx
Jim

Attachments

• 598087-Frame.JPG
    598087-Frame.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 494
I'm not afraid to try JB Weld for this application. All its doing is creating a sealing face for the o-ring. If I was afraid of experimenting I would not have bought the chinese backhoe in the first place.

/ Backhoe hydraulic adapter #7  
Thanks for the picture jim. I had something similar in mind. Don't know if it is overkill or not but I want to use 3/4" x 4" for the bottom rails and 5/8" for the verticle barces. This is an 11 foot hoe and I only want to build the frame once. I have to do some engineering on the quick tach part. It should be firm yet not have to be perfectly alligned for attachment. Bradco wanted $1700. with shipping plus tax for a factory mount. I don't doubt they have a good product but a little pricy for the average Joe. Thanks again. jr

/ Backhoe hydraulic adapter #8  
Nice Sub frame mount. At least it's painted/primed. Me, I get too lazy and just use it after making it.....

Wow, fittings are that hard to find. Who sold the tractor to you? Even a hydraulic place can't find something????