Backhoe kits

/ Backhoe kits #1  

jacobsdaddy06

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF1240
For anyone who has bought one of these, which kit have you bought and why? Also how hard was it to build? Thanks

/ Backhoe kits #2  
For anyone who has bought one of these, which kit have you bought and why? Also how hard was it to build? Thanks

Not a kit, but I bought plans for a 628 Cad Digger towable backhoe. The plans were easy to follow and it went together pretty quickly. They do offer them in kit form and I'm sure that would have made it even faster

/ Backhoe kits #3  
I bought this one (or very similar one) already built. Backhoe, Build a backhoe, these plans show you how.
I bought it slightly used for about cost of all components. When I tried it first time I flipped it over and decided to modify it to make it more stable. It has four wheels now and can operate on quite steep hills. I used it to plant numerous trees and dug few thousands ft of ditch to get increase watershed for my pond. It in general works but I have persistent issue with breaking the pins (all are 1" diameter).
When I get some free time I will replace the boom and dipper pivot with at least 1.5" pins and make few other modifications.
I have pictures but can't find them right now.