Backhoe on, can I still tow?

/ Backhoe on, can I still tow? #11  
i have two backhoes. wouldn't hesitate putting the trailer hitched to the bucket on the backhoe. just haven't done it yet because i don't have a need for it. can see where it would be handy also. take the trailer with you and put the dug dirt in trailer and reconnect back to backhoe bucket to move the dirt. just make sure that you put the attaching point of the hitch where it doesn't interfere with digging. if worried about cylinders, chain or attach bucket to backhoe arm. piece of cake!!!

/ Backhoe on, can I still tow? #12  
Exactly as Gary said: Nope, don't have a problem with the hitch inside the bucket. Thought I might, but it's really a non-issue. Only time it gets in the way is when I'm using the FEL to transport loads of firewood from the main pile to the cellar bulkhead doors to bring inside for the winter. Yes, once in a while it will get dirt/mud in it, but it's very easy to clean out afterward.

And yes, the height IS important. Any higher, and its utility would be impeded. As it is, I use a drop-down hitch to lower it a bit more. Actually, you can see in the pic below the hole I drilled in the lower front edge of the FEL; I use that when I really need the hitch ball low-- just screw one in right there -- but only for lighter loads!

Here are the welded-on FEL chain hooks. I put three on, but really use only the center one most of the time. Another very handy addition.

All 3 hooks!.JPG

/ Backhoe on, can I still tow?
Well for those that where saying about taking the backhoe off and replaing it with a ballast eghit box, today i got stuck im some really deep mudd. I took some heavy duty straps and put them around a tree and my backhoe bucket and used the backhoe kinda like a winch to pull myself free. Worked like a charm. Ill think ill be leaving my backoe on for a lil bit lol.

/ Backhoe on, can I still tow? #14  
there's many ways you could attach a hitch to a backhoe bucket. my little backhoe bh77 has plenty of strength to pull a trailer. if i had a hitch on the backhoe bucket, i wouldn't hesitate to pull my 20ft car hauler with a steel deck with my little backhoe. go for it. mount hitch close to pivot point of bh bucket.

Can someone please show me where they would put it with a picture?

/ Backhoe on, can I still tow? #16  
i don't have any pictures but i would mount it where the trailer hits the backside of the bucket. if it gets in the way of digging, i would make a slip on with chains that slide over bucket teeth on bottom and attach at bucket pins. tighten with turnbuckle. put hitch ball thru a piece of angle iron. if necessary i can draw on paper and take pic for here. weld ball on permanent if not in anythings way.

i don't have any pictures but i would mount it where the trailer hits the backside of the bucket. if it gets in the way of digging, i would make a slip on with chains that slide over bucket teeth on bottom and attach at bucket pins. tighten with turnbuckle. put hitch ball thru a piece of angle iron. if necessary i can draw on paper and take pic for here. weld ball on permanent if not in anythings way.

hey i will be the first to admit this is a very new territory for me. Never used a welder but i bought one yesterday :). Please whatevever you can do as i am all visual so a drawing would be sweat. I have been watching youtube videos on how to weld.