Backhoe backhoe outriggers not lifting

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting #1  

Bully

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS TLB, Ford 650, Ford 2000 Industrail w/loader
Went to the dealer to see if this is a problem. The backhoe outriggers will go down to the ground, but will not raise the tires off the ground. He says the tractor hyd. system is pumping at 2300 psi. the hoe operation seems to work fine. but I have noticed that when I have more than about 250 lbs. in the FEL, my power steering feels weak. what I mean by that is empty it will turn lock to lock with no problem. with the load I can only get about 3/4 of a turn. Has anyone else had anything like this?

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting #2  
No doubt the stabilizers/outriggers should lift the rear off the ground, and you shouldn't have a bit of a turning problem with a full loader full.
First things first means checking the fluid level to assure that it is between the marks on the stick or, at most, at the highest mark, no more.

Since it's an XS model, I'm assuming it's under warranty, and the dealer should check it out right away. I wouldn't use it until this problem is repaired as you may have a problem that would heat the oil too high and possible cause pump problems.

I know you don't mention any other symptoms, but does the engine appear to be running as smoothly as it should, does the loader operate smoothly through all its functions?
Are you running the backhoe on a rear remote, or did the dealer run hoses from the power beyond? Did you move the lever on the main valve for backhoe operation? Maybe it's not in the full position it should be in for BH operation.
John
John

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting
The fluid is up ,and the engine runs great. the hyd. fluid will bypass when I loose the steering, you can hear it through the relief valve. The hydraulics run off the main block of the manifold, so when you disconnect the hoe, the lines are disconnected from the hyd. block, and just the loader is in the circuit.the hoe is out of the system. I have not noticed any transfer valve on the unit.

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The fluid is up ,and the engine runs great. the hyd. fluid will bypass when I loose the steering, you can hear it through the relief valve. The hydraulics run off the main block of the manifold, so when you disconnect the hoe, the lines are disconnected from the hyd. block, and just the loader is in the circuit.the hoe is out of the system. I have not noticed any transfer valve on the unit. )</font>
Someone with a CK30 can tell you exactly where to find the lever, but on my CK20 I have hoses running off the main valve body to the back of the tractor. On top of the valve is a diverter lever that must be pointed to the power beyond setting in order for the backhoe to work. I know there is a lever on the CK30, but not where it's located. If it's not in the proper position, I know you can have some problems.
I'm not sure if this is true if one were to be using a rear remote.
John

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting #5  
OK I have a new 3054 TLB here.
I have noticed it likes RPM to lift and run.
Also it will lift the rears but if the front bucket is on the ground it will not because now the rotation point is waayy out front. lift the FEL up off the ground and up they go.
But I tell the customers to plant the outriggers but do not lift the unit off the ground to dig. You run the chance of tearing the out riggers off. Seen it.

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting #6  
Bully,

Are you trying to lift the rear when the FEL is on the ground? (My BH won't do it.)

John

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting #7  
There are some small backhoes that won't lift the rear tires completely off of the ground, I don't know if your is one of them or not. The first thing that I would do is make sure that the system is indeed putting out the amount of pressure that it should. Sometimes a dealer will state the pressure is X amount without actually checking it. Have a gage put on it to see what it is. Just a couple hundred pounds of pressure will make a world of difference.

/ backhoe outriggers not lifting
Thanks for the info. The tractor is at the shop now getting some other warranty issues taken care of, so i'll check it out. It's not so much that I want to pick the tires off the ground , but I would like to be able to level my self and the digging of the trench when on a side hill. the only way I can do this is to put down the outrigger to the ground, then take some of the weight off the tractor with the boom, and dipper then set the outrigger. this just seems weak. Big tractor, I'm getting a gear slap in the main box in 3rd & 4th gear . this happens when the shuttle is i neutral or i'm on flat ground not pulling any load. rpm's between idle and 1500. seems to go away above that. Is it just gear slap, from running in the light hyd. oil? I does get louder when it's warmed up... Gary