Backhoe storage question

/ Backhoe storage question #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
I dismounted by backhoe first time about a month ago, I noticed it sagged down to ground and spit out fluid. Is that because I didn't loop the hoses together? Also what kind of fluid will I need and how to i check and fill?

Thanks
Greenhorn tractor owner

/ Backhoe storage question #2  
Looping the hoses would have slowed the sagging but that's all. Presumably you left the hoe supported by the out riggers (feet) and the bucket. You likely draw your hydraulics fluid from the tractor via the 2 hoses you speak of, therefore the lost fluid would be topped up at the tractor.

/ Backhoe storage question
Thanks

/ Backhoe storage question #4  
I don't loop my hoses and don't have any fluid leaks. Maybe you have a fitting that has gone south.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Backhoe storage question #5  
Always loop connections together to keep them clean during storage. Settling during storage is unavoidable. Place blocks under the center of the backhoe towards the tractor end and leave the legs up if on a level surface. Regardless, you should connect the hydraulics to the tractor and use the backhoe and legs to align the backhoe to the subframe (if you have a subframe) then slowly back the tractor up to the BH...watching the hydraulic lines so you don't pinch one.
I've also had to cover the BH hydraulic line connection and hit with a hammer to release pressure buildup in the line caused by settling of the hoe during storage. You'll know you have to do this when you can't connect the line to your tractor.

/ Backhoe storage question #6  
Place blocks under the center of the backhoe towards the tractor end and leave the legs up if on a level surface.

I'm not the safety police, but just want to suggest leaving the stabilizers down on the floor when the BH is off the tractor. First, they'll typically leak down anyways (at least mine do), but more important, that will help keep the BH upright if something bumps into the thing when it's parked in the corner of your shop. I really don't want to think about this beast falling off the cribbing in my shop.View attachment 414365

/ Backhoe storage question #7  
I set mine on the bxpanded backhoe dolly. I can roll it around the shop when cleaning. Out riggers up and bungee corded up, they will sag down too. I dont loop the lines together since they have caps. I bought a cheap large motorcycle cover thats fits over it like a glove.

/ Backhoe storage question #8  
I put a block under each side of the frame up front as well as one under the rear of the frame. I put the two outriggers down but put some weight on the blocks.. I adjust the boom to put some weight on the back block. I then disconnect the hoses and loop them. For any pressure build up in the hydraulic system, I have a bleed off valve that pisses some fluid on the ground.

/ Backhoe storage question #9  
Homemade dolly ... [ not the blowup kind.. ] Warm and comfy ... tucked away for the LONG UNENDING winter.... :) [ don't have to do anything but wrap something on the hose ends to keep them clean. AND, tie a rope/use chain/etc. to keep the outriggers from drifting down ]

Attachments

• DSCN0095 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0095 (Large).JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCN0097 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0097 (Large).JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN0109 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0109 (Large).JPG
    101 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCN0110 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0110 (Large).JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 808
  • DSCN0111 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0111 (Large).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 550
   / Backhoe storage question #10  
Homemade dolly ... [ not the blowup kind.. ] Warm and comfy ... tucked away for the LONG UNENDING winter.... :) [ don't have to do anything but wrap something on the hose ends to keep them clean. AND, tie a rope/use chain/etc. to keep the outriggers from drifting down ]

Very nice.