Backhoe Backhoe, trailer- thats enough!

/ Backhoe, trailer- thats enough! #1  

Tscott

Bronze Member
Tractor
DK35
Well, I finally made a descision and did it. I ordered a frame mounted backhoe. I chose the kioti 8.5ft backhoe. My descision was mostly based upon compatibility and availability. I wanted the largest unit i could get for the dk35 and with the adittional cost and weight being minimal I couldnt see getting the smaller unit. The dealer is going to attach a hydraulic thumb as I want to get the most use from this investment thats possible. To justify this purchase I intend to use it for the business so of course I need a way to transport all the various pieces and parts. Getting a trailer at the same time. I guess I should have bought all this stuff at once and been done with it. I still need to decide which size bucket to get, any input would be appreciated.

/ Backhoe, trailer- thats enough! #2  
Tscott,
Please keep us informed on how the backhoe works out.
Such as speed,controls,power,how easy it detachs and attachs,price.
Don't know if i can help on bucket size.I probably wouldn't go smaller than the 16" or 18".Then according to the web site it jumps to 24".Not sure how the 24" would work.
You may want 2 buckets,one bigger and one smaller for differant situations!

/ Backhoe, trailer- thats enough! #3  
The smallest available on the 2085 is the 18". That size will take care of most jobs.
BTI

/ Backhoe, trailer- thats enough!
I may end up with the 18" bucket and go from there. It seems to be taking forever to get my dealer to get this done. When it does happen i'll post the details.

/ Backhoe, trailer- thats enough! #5  
Tscott,
Just curious how its coming with the backhoe.
Have not heard anything about it for awhile.