Backhoe Backhoe

/ Backhoe #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Can't seem to get into Mahindras website and dealers closed today, so thought Id ask some of you. Does Mahindra offer a backhoe attachment for the 6000? Been cleaning up some land and a backhoe sure would come in handy. Anyone cleared land with theirs? It's amazing how much these things will push. Some big pine stumps need some more motivation though.

/ Backhoe
Seems they do have 2. Im looking at the 511. Anyone got a ballpark figure on price?

/ Backhoe #3  
I have the Bradco 511 hoe with 12 and 24 inch buckets. It is an awesome working hoe, (providing) one has the optional PTO pump and tank system. I forgot what the 6000 models main pump capacity is. THe 511 needs a minimum of 11 GPM to operate correctly. Even if the 4500/5500/6/6500 model trqctors have a 11 GPM main pump, my personal opinion is to opt for the aux system anyway. Easy on, easy off, not a single problem, leak or otherwise.. Very tough built, in fact Is till beleive the Bradco's are the " cadillac" of compact hoes. I've tried most of them out there and haven't been moved yet by any other brand..

/ Backhoe
After buying this Mahindra product it would be hard to convince me not to go with their stuff! This tractor is absolutely amazing. I have pulled and pushed stuff I thought a bulldozer would have trouble with.
I saw one website that had the 511 hoe for $7800. Is that a decent price?
I will have to have the optional seperate pump because I want to be able to take it on and off with as little trouble as possible!

/ Backhoe #5  
I believe I paid more than this for my 511. I'd have to look it up. In any case, and there are two men on here that have watched my hoe work. AndyMA and Junkman. In fact Andy ran the hoe an hour or so. He's a died in the wool NH fan with his own 11 ft Woods attached hoe on his TN 75D.. I'm sure he can answer any of your questions about the Bradco/Mahindra named hoe's. Teh aux pump/tank system I like for one, I have a 4110 model w/ 7GPM pump and had to go the aux system. For 2, it becomes self contained, self supporting, clean, and no oil to be contaminated and run back through the tractor.

/ Backhoe #6  
I have a 6000 4wd with 511 hoe as well. It works great. The hoes run about 8k installed w/sub frame. The pto kit is about a $1300 add on and has gone through a number of proto types over the last year. I understand is has now been perfected. Depending upon how much you plan to use it, may be worth the extra $. The other problem without the pto kit is the heating of the oil. In the summer time this can be a problem if your running it a good part of the day. But, think it through, you can buy alot of dozer time for 8-9k and be time and money ahead.