Bad Injector on Kama TS354C

/ Bad Injector on Kama TS354C #1  

zogman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kama TS354C & Ferguson TO20
I have a bad injector on my Kama and was wondering if it would damage the tractor if I ran it like that. I am waiting on a part to arrive from Artrac but I really need to do some light work with it.

/ Bad Injector on Kama TS354C #2  
Technically, yes it will damage your engine. If it's a dribbling injector it will wash down your cylinder walls and promote scuffing & scoring. If the injector isn't popping it will back up fuel in the high pressure fuel line and possibly damage it and the particular pump that supplies it. And not to mention the stress on the crankshaft from unbalanced power pulses.
Best thing to do is have all of your injectors pop tested and replace the bad ones. If that doesn't relieve the symptoms, then check the injection pump calibration.

/ Bad Injector on Kama TS354C #3  
Wait for the correct replacement part. The injection system doesn't know "light work", it only know engine rpms and governor input. An idle tractor for a few days while awaiting parts will almost certainly be to your benefit in the long run.

//greg//

/ Bad Injector on Kama TS354C #4  
Like the others I suggest parking it until the replacement part arrives. You could wash down cylinder walls, burn a hole in your piston, get very high fuel dillution in your oil and damage your bearing's, etc... Wait for the part, your engine will thank you. :)

/ Bad Injector on Kama TS354C
Thanks guys, I knew what the answer would be but wanted someone to beat the urge out of me by telling me what would happen! I can't stand just letting it sit all clean and lazy like that.