Bagger?

/ Bagger? #1  

Locomotive8

Tractor
2002 Bobcat Toolcat
I am interested in purchasing a DR lawn vacuum/chipper/bagger and was curious if you could adapt the 60 inch finish mower to use this?

/ Bagger? #2  
Good idea...Does the mower have an output that the bagger/vac would hook to?? How hard would it be to mow and watch the vac behind you??

/ Bagger? #3  
I frequently tow a Rubber Maid cart with my PT425. It follows along nicely. If you need to back up, the key is to watch the rear of the hood and the angle to the cart. Then just don't think about it and make it go where you want.

/ Bagger?
I am not sure, I was hoping that some of the members with the 422/425 60 inch finish mower would be able to say if it was possible to modify the vacuum hose to attach to the deck.
Thanks everyone for your posts!

/ Bagger? #5  
You can modify just about any thing. On your deck, if you have the velocity to blow the grass through the tube, you are on your way to a complete system. Those hose end adapters that go on the deck are made for many different mower decks. You should be able to make one just for your deck, one that is easy to put on and remove. If you don't have the power to blow the grass, they make a gas driven vacuum that will aid in sucking those grass clippings/leaves and throw them in the bagging system. I have been using a similar unit on my Dixie Chopper for around 12 years. It works so good, that it will fill up the 55 gal bagger in about 10 min. You might have a problem with the distance you will have to blow the grass/leaves. The tube should be smooth on the inside. The ribbed tubes will work but clog faster. Some of the good tubes run about $7.00 a foot. Most of the engines used on the units are 5 to 6 hp. Commercial units are 8 to 10 hp. The impellers are 4 or 5 bladed steel, or tuff plastic, as in the Cyclone Vacuum units.

/ Bagger? #6  
<font color="red"> </font> "You might have a problem with the distance you will have to blow the grass/leaves."

<font color="black"> </font> They also make those units with the collection container mounted to the top of mower deck. Their made for walk behind mowers.