Bale needed for sediment bowl on a IH Ford 424

/ Bale needed for sediment bowl on a IH Ford 424 #1  

Snowroute

Tractor
Erich AugensteinIH Ford 424
I have a glass sediment bowl (part #357957-R-1) which is an older type? approx. 2 1/2" long. I contacted IH, explained that I needed the wire bale to snug up the bowl to the in/out gas line. They said 'Sure, we have that' so I bought it. When the bale arrived ($14.95 for the bale, $34.95 for Shipping(!) - which they had forgotten to make clear - Special Order doncha know) it was of course, the newer bale for the new short sediment bowl. which I don't own. In short, the bale was too short. Since it arrived when the temperatures were already freezing in the Fall, I didn't try to fit the parts together until recently, by which time it was too late for a refund.

So to sum up: does anyone know where I might find a LONG bale with which to snug up the bowl? The old bale looked like a simple metal heavy wire with an adjustable screw with a kind of cup to snug up the bottom of the bowl. Any leads would be appreciated.

/ Bale needed for sediment bowl on a IH Ford 424 #2  
Would it be possible to make a short extension for each side of the new bail to accommodate the length of your old bowl? You may be able to clip the hooks off the new bail and weld short extensions which you could then bend at the appropriate point.

/ Bale needed for sediment bowl on a IH Ford 424
Now that's an idea. I'll have to see if that might work. Great idea. Thanks!

/ Bale needed for sediment bowl on a IH Ford 424 #4  
U have a pic.. I have a herd of them, I think..