Bale Spear for L3400

/ Bale Spear for L3400 #1  

Goog

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Has anyone purchased or made a bale spear for a L3400?
I have seen them on the 3pt. also. Any help would be appreciated. Brian

/ Bale Spear for L3400 #2  
I've used pallet forks to move the few rotten mulch-type bales I've had around here. Do you have the LA463? If so, that bucket is not QA; if you find a spear for it, it'll have to go on the front of the bucket, and that's a really long moment arm for such a weight. A couple of the heavier bales I've moved have really made my tractor lean forward, and that's even with the heavy backhoe attached. I wouldn't consider lifting a round bale without the hoe on.

If you have a hoe or some other heavy counterweight for ballast, and you don't have many bales to move, I'd recommend clamp-on pallet forks. If you don't have the ballast and/or have a lot of bales to move, you probably should consider doing the 3-pt hitch spear.

Let us know what happens. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bale Spear for L3400 #3  
My wife was nice enough to run out and buy us a 3ph bale spear after I strained my back earlier this spring and couldn't chuck the square bales around for a week or so. We use it on our L2350, she got it at Orscheln's ( local farm supply chain here in the midwest ) for $99. I have used it on 6x5 round bales that I would guess were around 1500 pounds or so, it worked fine. Other than the L2350 grunting a bit trying to pick up that big a bale, of course. The 3ph was rated for 1650 pounds, I would guess I was picking up pretty close to that amount.

/ Bale Spear for L3400
I just picked up a couple bales and they are in the truck. The farm I got them from thought they were about 700-800lbs. I think I will try to fabricate my own spear. I am not sure yet if I am going to continue to use the round bales. Kind of an experiment but I do need to get them out of my truck. Thanks, Brian