Ballast Box Improvements

/ Ballast Box Improvements #1  

Texas Todd

Tractor
Wheel Horse 312-8; Bobcat ZT3500; Kymron XH14; Kioti CK2610
Thought I would share how my ballast box has grown (literally). Was trying to move some large stones (1500 lbs plus) and the tractor got tippy even with loaded tires and a box blade. Decided to try the concrete block method after seeing many youtube videos. Added all the normal things, but then realized I can carry my saw but no gas and oil and other stuff. Had some scrap 3/4 plywood and set to work. Attached with the 7/16" all thread I ran through the concrete forms. Ended up with a spot for everything and then some. Will add a spot for my Husky battery saw soon. Plenty of room on top for loose items and can pull my little trailer down for loading wood. Tickled with how it turned out. Lumber sprayed with bedliner, should be durable. Cheers!
Ballast Bags.jpg

Ballast Bags2.jpg

/ Ballast Box Improvements #2  
gooder-un.JPG

/ Ballast Box Improvements #3  
Any idea how much it weighs? I wish I'd thought to add PVC pipe for tools. At least I did think to add a trailer hitch.

I used a 55 gal plastic barrell, 2/3 filled with concrete and rock and scrap iron. I weighed each item as added and it came to 650 lbs +/_. That was 6 bags of concrete. I am going to add more; need to be at least 750 lbs.

/ Ballast Box Improvements
600 lbs of concrete, so somewhere around 650 with the stuff inside.