Barn Pros - feedback, anyone?

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #21  
After exhaustive research I purchased the "Denali" model 36x60 package from BarnPros. One of my best decisions ever. The company has unsurpassed customer service - during, before and after purchase, delivery and build.

I made several changes to the basic plan and they worked with me on ideas/suggestions, pricing and changes to meet local building requirements (added support to meet CA earthquake standards). The plans went through the process without a single question.

It is a pole barn construction method and the walls are bolted to the foundation but I built a perimeter stem wall 4" above the floor grade -down to grade at the doors - which allows me to pour the floor using the walls as forms. Also allows for a hosing out without soaking the walls with water and creating an environment for dry rot.

The build was two years ago and still very happy with investment and end result. Had issue with wood warping on a southern facing door and they replaced all the doors on the south side of the building - no problems, long process or endless questions. SUGGESTION if you use them, chose your contractor wisely. The company I used had a foreman with experience with " kit" building in Hawaii. Did a remarkable job but unnecessary delays and price increase as he didn't know what added work was required as a result of installing the options we selected, although they were in the plans and material list.

Nothing but compliments on exterior appearance from neighbors and passerbys and everyone that has been inside has been impressed.

Would I use them again - YES. Are they barns for everyone -no. If you just looking for some where to park your tractor or stable horses there are less expensive options. I plan on retiring and living on this property with the next step being building a home. BarnPros does have a high quality product that builds a remarkable barns, both in function and appearance with a company that provides excellent support and stands by their product without a hassle.

You just need to decide what you want.

George g

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #22  
This is a dated thread and you've probably already made your choice. I've been very happy with my Barn Pros Olympic model. I have to look at it all the time so I wanted something good looking as well as functional.

Roger

Attachments

• Nikon #1 063.jpg
    Nikon #1 063.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,833
  • barn 2.jpg
    barn 2.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 1,222
   / Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #23  
RHP, Your barn is beautiful. Does it have living quarters in it? I am looking at the Denali 36 x 36 on a piece of property I bought up by Bellingham. This would be my retirement home. Thank you.

Carol

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone?
This is a dated thread and you've probably already made your choice. I've been very happy with my Barn Pros Olympic model. I have to look at it all the time so I wanted something good looking as well as functional.

Roger

After exhaustive research I purchased the "Denali" model 36x60 package from BarnPros. One of my best decisions ever. The company has unsurpassed customer service - during, before and after purchase, delivery and build.

Would I use them again - YES. Are they barns for everyone -no. If you just looking for some where to park your tractor or stable horses there are less expensive options. I plan on retiring and living on this property with the next step being building a home. BarnPros does have a high quality product that builds a remarkable barns, both in function and appearance with a company that provides excellent support and stands by their product without a hassle.

You just need to decide what you want.

George g

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I am actually getting closer to doing something...looking at land now, plan to build next year.

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #25  
Hi, was awesome to find this post, and site!

Is anyone from this thread still active and could you give any updates?

I am looking at putting BarnPros or some similar company's kit onto a 30 acre piece of land?

I am leery of the kits ... can anyone give me more on their experiences?

Thanks!

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #26  
"Kit" i bought had all the pieces needed, even bags of concrete for the footers. And construction drawings.

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #28  
Apmbuildings.com in gettysburg pa. Good experience with their kit. They are a lumber yard,make their own trusses. Mine came with fabral metal, i see apm now rolls their own panels.
Not sure they deliver into ohio.

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #29  
Check out polebarnsdirect.com. in NE ohio.

/ Barn Pros - feedback, anyone? #30  
Apm will customize your barn kit, you tell them size, height, window and door location, they will produce drawings, material list. They also show prices online.