battery booster

/ battery booster #1  

brad_oatley

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D
I have a Husky brand 400 amp 12volt DC Model # HSK020HD automotive battery booster for emergency jump starts. It's good for assisting my old tractors on very cold mornings. I lost the charger which plugged into a 100 volt outlet. What would the specs be (1,000 ma ?) for me to go to Radio Shack and buy a replacement. Please don't say ask the people at Radio Shack. They're teenagers with no knowledge inclusing making change. Thanks

/ battery booster #2  
It's probably a good thing you lost the charger though you might have sold it on e-bay as I have never heard of a 100 volt charger. Might have been a real money maker. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All joking aside, I have one of those computerized ones that de-sulfate the battery too. It's completely automatic. It's a Vector 100 amp unit and it's the cat's meow.

I was in Wally World the other day with my wife (I never go there alone) and I see that they are selling them now. I bought mine online about 2 years ago. www.vectormfg.com

/ battery booster
You're right the recharging unit was a 110 volt AC to 12volt DC unit with a female recptacle that slid thru a round hole and over an internal pin on the booster. What I don't know, is any of the DC characteristics of the recharger.

/ battery booster #4  
As Daryl suggested, you might find it at WallyWorld.. If not, have you checked the website? Usually you can get whatever you need from the MFG if they have a good website.. If not, then I'd call them.. Really shouldnt be too tough..

/ battery booster #5  
The charger that came with my Jump-It box is 15v 500 mA. Another trick I found was to leave them connected for a few minutes after I get the motor running, charges them pretty quick that way.

/ battery booster #6  
Find the polarity ( should be marked with tip and ring ).. then get a wall wart of 13-15v dc, and the correct plug to fit the port. I'd personally go for a 15v unit and at least 500ma.. however, lower ma would do it.. just take longer..

Soundguy