Battery question

/ Battery question
I had the same problem with lawn mower batteries. What I do now is take them inside for the winter. I put them up on a shelf in the basement. By doing this I occasionally see them sitting there and will connect them up to a charger for a day (maybe once or twice a winter). I haven't had to replace a battery now in the last 10 years. Before doing this I was converting any motorcycle/ ATV to taking a lawn mower battery because they were half the price of a motorcycle battery.

I have pigtails attached to the batteries in both of our bikes. They're in an unheated attached garage year round. Generally I just go out once a week or so and switch the tender from one bike to the other.
Over the last several years I've found that I only seem to get 3, maybe 4 years out of a bike battery. This sucks at $100+ at the local NAPA. I'm hoping these 2 $35 AGM batteries that were delivered yesterday will have a longer life. But if they're the same or slightly less long lived I'm still money ahead.

I've had unbelievable battery life since I started using Deltran chargers 15 years ago. I have them connected to something all the time and never had one get low on water,much less go dry. The key isn't charging the battery before using it,it should be at 100% as much of time as possible. Quick charging is poison to batteries. If at all possible,you should slow charge battery rather than boosting then allowing vehicle to charge it up.

I always go with a 2 amp and let it take as long as it needs if the batteries get down for some reason.

/ Battery question
First of the $35 AGM batteries was installed in my wife's bike yesterday. I checked it with a Pro Logix charger before installation to make sure it was up after being shipped here. It was at 100%.
Flipped the motor over quick and started right up. Now only time will tell about the durability and longevity. I figured it was worth a shot for the price.
While I was messing with batteries/chargers I decided to check my own bike. Sealed battery with a date sticker on it of 1/12. I don't ever remember getting that much out of a battery. I did start the bike last week and took it for a little 1 1/2 mile cruise to make sure everything was OK. Yesterday the Pro Logix showed it still at 95%.