Battery specs for PT-425

/ Battery specs for PT-425 #1  

Frank Sorbello

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-422
Looking for a new battery for PT-425. Anyone know what the cold cranking amps, size etc... should be. And a good source for purchasing one.

Thank you,
Frank

/ Battery specs for PT-425 #2  
I just replaced mine in September. It’s a rare size and my local Interstate distributor only had one in stock. I couldn’t find a direct replacement at Batteries Plus or any parts store chains. Seems like I might have found one orderable at Lowe’s or Home Depot which was my backup plan.

Interstate Part number SP-45
Group size 45
CCA 480
CA 600

/ Battery specs for PT-425 #3  
Look at the specs on your existing battery. Should be a label on top with the info.

Generally, I try to get a replacement battery with the highest cca’s I can find in the correct size.

NAPA usually has a wide selection of batteries if you have one close by. Tractor Supply generally has a good selection too.

/ Battery specs for PT-425 #4  
IMG_2746.JPG

On my 2425 I had to think outside the box, literally. It took care of my hard start when it dips down in the single digits where I live. I keep it parked outdoors. I have a 750 cca battery now with a little more umph. Also notice the welding cables for battery cables, works very well.

/ Battery specs for PT-425 #5  
@Tchamp Nice! I replaced the Power-Trac cables when I got mine as well.p, as I have had too many issues with "standard" cables not being up to the task when old.

I'm sure that you are super careful, but if it were me, I would at least cover up the positive terminal. I could see myself accidentally shorting it to ground, doing something stupid like having a wrench fall out of a pocket...

All the best,

Peter