battery terminal to loose

/ battery terminal to loose #11  
Yes, for sure a loose connection would keep the alternator from putting a charge back into the battery, so eventually the battery gets weaker and weaker, without getting charged back up. Lights might also flicker when hitting bumps, or driving over rough ground. Properly tighten both battery terminals, and also re-tighten the other end of both those cables as well. Once everything is tightened up, start the tractor, put a meter across the battery terminals, and you should read around 13.5 to 13.8 or so on the meter, that will tell you the charging circuit is working, and putting juice back into your battery, so it will be ready for the next start.

/ battery terminal to loose
Yes, for sure a loose connection would keep the alternator from putting a charge back into the battery, so eventually the battery gets weaker and weaker, without getting charged back up. Lights might also flicker when hitting bumps, or driving over rough ground. Properly tighten both battery terminals, and also re-tighten the other end of both those cables as well. Once everything is tightened up, start the tractor, put a meter across the battery terminals, and you should read around 13.5 to 13.8 or so on the meter, that will tell you the charging circuit is working, and putting juice back into your battery, so it will be ready for the next start.

It's a new battery but it still seems week on a cold start. I have a battery tester and it has the rated CCA,

Anyway scotty was right about the nut being on backwards. :)

Last edited:
   / battery terminal to loose #13  
It's a new battery but it still seems week on a cold start. I have a battery tester and it has the rated CCA,

Anyway scotty was right about the nut being on backwards. :)

Both my B2601 and now B2650 crank slow when it’s cold outside...mine stays on a battery tender when not in use, so I definitely don’t think it’s a battery issue. Kubota told me it’s “normal” for them to crank slow when they are cold...

It’s never failed to start, but it seems like it labors!