Dealer become a dealer

/ become a dealer #11  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Funny :) We stock $4,500,000 in parts and sometimes say the same thing.

I can understand the problem of trying to carry enough parts for everything you sell. My dealer when I bought the tractor told me he was going to establish a service department. I have went to him for the following items.
1. A key to the cab he never could get me one
2. Valve Stem for the tire. ( I hit one with a limb and broke it) He could not get me one of those

3. Hydraulic Hoses for the loader ( I broke two of them at the crimp the first two months I had my tractor. He sent me to a new holland dealer to get one made at my expense and I had to put them on.
4. Hyrdaulic filter and oil filter ( He had those)
He has branched out in other buisnesses now. He sells portable buildings, trailers etc. I would guestimate that he has several million in inventory on his lot but still no service department.

I am not complaining. I have said many times before that I went there because of the price he gave me on the tractor. It is just to point out what other people are saying in other posts. When you go to buy a tractor look at the servicing along with the price. I live about an hour from the Montana Headquarters so it is not as big an issue for me. They do warranty work and after that is over there is a New Holland dealer on the way to the Montana headquarters that sells Montana also. If I lived where there was only one dealership I might have a problem.