Been busy welding for the massey

/ Been busy welding for the massey
Thanks, doing your own is always fun!!!

/ Been busy welding for the massey #12  
nice work thanks for the idea for the reciever on the front. i made one for the 3pt, it will now be getting modified for the front. can i ask why you need such a heavy weight box for your tractor? the box looks grat we are looking to copy it for ours but i don't think we need it so heavy. rob

bostonbear, it just so happened I had that block of cement lying around, now I'm not to sure if it's to heavy or not, the tractor has no problem lifting it but if someone tells me that it might be toooooo heavy for my 1528, that it might wear something out prermaturely or something then....well I guess I will have some cutting to do!!!!:)

/ Been busy welding for the massey #14  
You work looks very good. What would you use the wench for? It looks like it might be in the way for a lot of loader operations.

/ Been busy welding for the massey #15  
You work looks very good. What would you use the wench for? It looks like it might be in the way for a lot of loader operations.

Obviously there's a receiver hitch on top of the bucket for easy removal of whatever happens to be in the hitch. Or maybe it's not so obvious?

My concern with having such a stout winch on the bucket is that it may well be able to overpower the loader arms or bucket and bend something. Especially if the pull is off center of the loader arms because that winch is pretty far forward of the arms where it could get a lot of leverage on them. And if you double line with a snatch block, the forces become even greater. I'm sure the engineers that designed that loader never took into account that someone might just use it as the mounting point for an 8000lb winch (or thereabouts).

I would just be real careful about pulling really heavy loads with the winch mounted on the bucket.

/ Been busy welding for the massey #16  
Obviously there's a receiver hitch on top of the bucket for easy removal of whatever happens to be in the hitch. Or maybe it's not so obvious?

My concern with having such a stout winch on the bucket is that it may well be able to overpower the loader arms or bucket and bend something. Especially if the pull is off center of the loader arms because that winch is pretty far forward of the arms where it could get a lot of leverage on them. And if you double line with a snatch block, the forces become even greater. I'm sure the engineers that designed that loader never took into account that someone might just use it as the mounting point for an 8000lb winch (or thereabouts).

I would just be real careful about pulling really heavy loads with the winch mounted on the bucket.

My concern as well when I first saw it. That's a strong winch and has lots of leverage being in the middle of the bucket like that. Something is going to bend.

Yep you guys are right it is a a dangerous place to put a winch, but I have a little hill that I made a trail to go 4 wheelin or ski dooing, but it 's a little steep and the last 10 feet my tractor starts to spin ..... in the sand...but it's a straight line up so the winch could be used....but the intention of the winch is to go on the 3 pnt hitch I built for the rear.... but yes any side pull on the front would definatly bend something!!!! The front receiver can be used for anything tho, trailer pushing/pulling etc etc etc. The winch is 10 000lbs, haven't used it yet, but can't wait to bring cables (12V) to the rear (3 pt) to try it out, I will install a quick connect on the rear fender and plug the winch or anything that runs of 12v as needed.