belly mower interchangeability

/ belly mower interchangeability #1  

Jim Sampson

Tractor
1528HL MF
I am new to this site. I own a 2009 MF 1528 Hydro. I have just over 100 hrs on it and am very well pleased with the tractor and the loader. I have the opportunity to purchase a belly mower that is new in condition however I am not sure it will fit. The mower is a 1231, 5757 series it appears from photo's and talking with the owner it may work but I would like to know for sure. I have been unable to find any specs for the mower unit. Any insight would be appreciated.

/ belly mower interchangeability #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ belly mower interchangeability #3  
:welcome:

Post your question on the MF forum here. That will surely get you some better hits more specific to the MF line. This "New Member Introductions" may be a dead end and not helpful.

Any chance of getting it slid under your tractor to test the fit?
Sometimes there are so many custom made parts to get them to fit, it can be frustrating. How are you at design and fabricating? ;)

/ belly mower interchangeability
:welcome:

Post your question on the MF forum here. That will surely get you some better hits more specific to the MF line. This "New Member Introductions" may be a dead end and not helpful.

Any chance of getting it slid under your tractor to test the fit?
Sometimes there are so many custom made parts to get them to fit, it can be frustrating. How are you at design and fabricating? ;)

I am not to bad at semi-professional improvision!!! I am just getting older and slower I would rather just hook it up and go. The price is so good I may have to do a little work.

The mower is about 2 1/2 hrs from home. I hate to have to pull the tractor and trailer that far with gas @4$ a gal.
I appreciate you response I 'll post it as you have indicated thanks a lot.

/ belly mower interchangeability #5  
Hey Jim! WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ belly mower interchangeability
thanks brian