belt drive question

/ belt drive question #1  

redeyed

Hi every body. This is my first post on this site so if i'm in the wrong place just let me know. Anyway, I have a 25h.p. craftsman tractor with a six gear transaxle, model GT5000. Some how the drive belt jumped off and I can't figure out how to get the new one on. There is a cross member that seems to support the transaxle that is so close to the pulley that I can't figure out how to get the new belt under the cross member and back onto the pulley. Has any one else had this problem and if so can you all give me some info. thanks in advance.

/ belt drive question #2  
Not familiar with Craftsman so I can't be item specific. Can tell you a technique that has never failed me though. Put the transmission in neutral so the shafts will spin, shut off the engine, put the belt around the smaller pulley first, then hold it against the side of the larger sheave and while turning the sheave with your hands the belt will pop into place. CAUTION Make sure that one of your fingers isn't under it when this happens or you will be cussing me big time.

Hope this helps some....