Mowing belt problems 914A on a TC31

/ belt problems 914A on a TC31 #1  

Bugsie

Tractor
TC31A
I have 150 hours on this setup and have gone through 6 belts. The last one lasted 2 hours. the dealer says the deck is fine it is a rear discharge 72". i cut around 4 acres hilly PA stuff. i think the mower or belts is/are defective...parts keep breaking on it...covers, antiscalp bar etc...dealer says its fine...
Has anyone tried kevlar belts?

/ belt problems 914A on a TC31 #2  
I have an '07 60" and had the same problem. I did find that the tensioning pulley was angled down and I bent it back up in line with the other pulleys but I think my problem was user related. I have a 35 hp NH and was cutting grass that should have been done with my rotary cutter. The tractor would not bog down so the weakest link was my belt. After changing my ways I've gotten 2+ years from my current belt.

My MMM also came from the dealer with the tension adjustment pulled as far as one could tighten it but since your dealer looked it over that's probably not the problem.

/ belt problems 914A on a TC31
thanks for the heads up. I thought the problem was with tension as well but the dealer says the tensioner is fine...and adjusted per the specs in the manual. it appears that the 72" setup with rear discharge is a problem mower. some dealers wont sell them anymore. NH has not responded to numerous emails and apparently doesnt want to hear about it. i wanted to try a more durable belt and was asking about the kevlar belts but they dont respond...All of the OEM belts that i bought from the dealer at $100 each broke at what appears to be the belt seam. The dealer says oH no you're wrong but I think they are just protecting themselves, perhaps they bought some cheap belts and are reselling them and they are not really OEM but I dont know enough to be able to tell. Right now I have a 914A that cant cut grass...a real dissappointment as the dealer and NH have not given us any help whatsoever.