best 3rd function kit.

/ best 3rd function kit. #1  

Tom Rehberg

Tractor
Branson 2515H year 2022
Hello I have a new 2515H Branson and need help finding the best 3rd function kit. Pictures installed would help, and who to buy it from?

/ best 3rd function kit. #2  
Do you want something that is tied into the curl dump feature or the loader or a totally separate 3rd function valve that operates independent of current loader valve?

Two totally different valves in how they are mounted and plumbed.

Also what is your skill level for fabrication of mounting brackets, knowledge of hydraulic plumbing etc.

You may have tools or skills that other people do not have

/ best 3rd function kit.
A totally separate 3rd function valve. Not a diverter valve type! I am a welder and Diesel mechanic and Heavy Equipment mechanic. With loads of working on hydraulics .

Thank you for asking I hope you can help me with the best 3 function system. I have seen the WR Long setup and that looks good?

Last edited:
   / best 3rd function kit. #4  
A totally separate 3rd function valve. Not a diverter valve type! I am a welder and Diesel mechanic and Heavy Equipment mechanic. With loads of working on hydraulics .

Thank you for asking I hope you can help me with the best 3 function system. I have seen the WR Long setup and that looks good?
I bought a WR Long set up a number of years ago..Simple instillation and zero problems.

/ best 3rd function kit. #5  
I installed a WR Long 3rd function about a year ago. Everything works as it should, but I think I would have been equally satisfied with a Summit Hydraulics Diverter kit.

/ best 3rd function kit. #6  
I had a WR Long 3rd function installed on my tractor. It controls my grapple. The dealer did the install. It was done nine years ago - absolutely no problems. It is installed on the vertical member of the FEL and the hoses run on the inside surface of the FEL - up to the disconnect.
IMG_0131.jpeg

/ best 3rd function kit. #7  
I thought Branson/TYM has a factory third function they add by installing a valve into the existing hydraulic block and then completing the connections to switches in the joystick handle? Or is that just for the original TYM models?

/ best 3rd function kit. #8  
Tom
Again depends on if you want mechanical lever operated so you can feather the control for more precise movement or electrical operated for on - off control. Mechanical for a kit might be back to TYM - Branson to see what is available or buying something aftermarket and fabricating mounting brackets, plumbing, etc. yourself. The TYM kit if available would probably be cleanest and neatest installation.

Do you want this 3rd function for use on front or rear of tractor? Presume front which might make factory kit less desirable since they may be designed for rear use.

/ best 3rd function kit.
Thank you for all of this information and the picture very helpful!