Best Battery

/ Best Battery #21  
You know, the Delco junk that came in my Saturn did just that, leaked out the positive post at 3 years. I replaced it with a Deka.

On another rant, why does GM insist on using the stupid side post? I hate them. Pain in the butt and a real pain if a jump is ever needed.

Chris

/ Best Battery #22  
GM likes a low hood line... top posts get in the way. They also like to
stick batteries in weird places like under the back seat on a Caddy.
Less likely to arc on these things.

I've had poor luck with Interstate, but it appears that I'm in the minority.
One exploded. One just quit within 2 years.

I've had good luck out of East penn batteries.
I've also had good luck out of Johnson controls batteries.
Seen but not experienced poor performance from Optima brand.

/ Best Battery #23  
The majority of car batteries are created by 3 manufacturers - Delphi, Exide and Johnson Controls Industries.

Delphi makes some EverStart models sold in Walmart and ACDelco.

Johnson Control Industries makes Duralast seen in Autozone stores, Diehard - sold in Sears, Kirkland - the Costco brand, Motorcraft - which Ford sells, some of the EverStarts, and Interstate.

Exide makes Exide batteries, Champion, Napa and even a % of the EverStart batteries.

Interstate's automotive batteries are made by Johnson Controls, the world leader in battery quality with more than 80 years in the business. All but a few of these batteries are made in North America.

Interstate Batteries FAQ :: Who manufactures Interstate batteries?

/ Best Battery #24  
Who makes Deka? Is it East Penn? We have had great luck with them in tractors, cars, and the hardest thing I know of Boats.

Chris

/ Best Battery
WalMart because they are all over in case one fails under warranty.
Most of my driving is local but occasional long trips makes me want easy warranty replacement.

Ended up with Walmart for the very reason Newbury stated. I can get it replaced anywhere if and when it shoots craps even on Sunday afternoon.

/ Best Battery #26  
I have bought several brands.. None of them lasted much longer than the warranty. They have the warranty real close..It's been my experence that, If it's a 4 yr battery. In about 3-3.5 yrs it's going to die