Best drill bit and drill speed?

/ Best drill bit and drill speed? #11  
Sioux Tolls makes an excellent hole broach set that will make round holes in your metal. http://www.siouxtools.com/kSuite/cmsLite/content/file/SiouxLit/Drills/Vac-Force_Brochure.pdf
Scroll down to the 3rd page. I have one of these sets and it works great in everything but thin, (26guage) metal. It would probably be alright in the light guage metal as long as you put something below to keep the teeth from grabbing the metal. Warning, if you plan on using this setup in a hand drill, replace the push pin with a small drill bit, otherwise the broach can grab and break the bit. In a drill press nothing will drill faster or make a cleaner (round) hole

/ Best drill bit and drill speed? #12  
consider getting a drill doctor... a sharp bit is your best friend..I waited too long to get one...they truly work and put a good edge back on a dull bit which vastly improves drilling speed

/ Best drill bit and drill speed? #14  
Where can these be purchased and how much are they? I tried looking on their website but get "item not found"

Item # 278. Here: Sioux Tools Portfolio

No idea on cost though.

EDIT: found one price, Sioux Tools Inc 278 Price: $285.6. $285. Sioux tools are industrial grade, mostly made in USA.

You could try Blair tools on Amazon. They make Rotabroaches too. Made in USA. Cheaper price. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_a...ld-brandtextbin=Blair Equipment&node=15684181

/ Best drill bit and drill speed? #16  
I will say this, I didnt know the souix tool 278 cost that much. I bought mine direct at the company head quarters in Murphy. I think I paid like $25 or $30 for it just a few years ago. Seeing that $285 price tag makes me wish I had went ahead and bought the metric set while I was at it.

/ Best drill bit and drill speed? #17  
I will say this, I didnt know the souix tool 278 cost that much. I bought mine direct at the company head quarters in Murphy. I think I paid like $25 or $30 for it just a few years ago. Seeing that $285 price tag makes me wish I had went ahead and bought the metric set while I was at it.
Its apparently a price on the whole set of core bits up to 1". These arent good for pieces that arent firmly restrained. Starting the hole is an issue. Not ideal for the OP.
larry

/ Best drill bit and drill speed? #19  
Its apparently a price on the whole set of core bits up to 1". These arent good for pieces that arent firmly restrained. Starting the hole is an issue. Not ideal for the OP.
larry

I did buy the complete set, 4 or 5 cutters with arbor. Thats why I am so suprised at what that one company is selling the set for. As for starting the hole, yes these bits are best used in a drill press where the piece being drilled is properly clamped. That is not to say that if you replace the center plunger with a drill bit, this tool cant be used in a hand held drill. I do it all the time, you just have to be careful and not wobble around with the hand drill and not try and force it thru the metal. Just like using a bi-metal hole saw, if you wiggle the saw around, the hole will be wallowed and the saw will jerk and grab. Of course if this set of bits does indeed cost $285, and that one company isnt grossly overpriceing the set, I would probably look for a cheaper alternative for use in a hand drill.