Oil & Fuel Best oil and filter?

/ Best oil and filter? #1  

mikehenya

What would you guys recommend as the absolute best oil and filter to run on a 1702D? I have seen several suggestions, but I have had problems with this tractor in the past so I want to do everything right! I know this is the BEST place to ask!
Thanks guys!

/ Best oil and filter? #2  
I run 15w 40 diesel oil & just standard or wix filter

/ Best oil and filter? #3  
The oil debate is one without an answer. I agree with the 15w-40 and I use nothing but the cheapest Wal-mart diesel oil. I have run 450,000 on a VW turbo diesel using 15w-40 Wal-mart diesel oil with no problems. Doesn't even burn oil yet. I change my oil and filter every 3,000 miles or less without exception. All my tractors are the same with oil and filters every 100 hours on the meter or twice a year (spring and fall) regardless.

I really don't think it's about brands, it's about changing oil and filters every recommended duty cycle without fail. If the oil meets the API, it's going to do the job. One recommendation though, use Diesel oil with the proper rating, there is a big difference! Never use gasoline oil with the sunburst energy star in a diesel, you will regret it.

/ Best oil and filter? #4  
Go with Delo 400. reasonably priced and good service. Have run this oil several years now in everything from trucks, tractors, and equipment,and have accumulated millions of hours. My advise would be to stay away from the cheap Walmart brand, the amount you might save is nothing compared to the cost of your equipment if the oil fails.As to filters Wix, or Baldwin. The key is to change your oil on a regular maintenance schedule.