Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh

/ Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh #1  

lengleng

Hey everybody.... What a website, so much info and so many opinions!
This is my first post.

I am looking for a good tractor. It will be used to brush hog small 30 acre piece of land, a lot of FEL work around a new house and building, snow removal on a very long and steep dirveway. I know I am probably on the bigger and nicer side of the fence of what I need but thats just how I like to do things.

Heres what I am looking for:
4x4
FEL
Around 70hp +/-
Prefer hydraluic shuttle shift
Either low hour used or new
Ag tires, maybe industrial
Good resale value

I am open to other tractors, but so far I am really impressed with the Kubota M7040. What else should I be looking at?

I looked at and drove a 7040 today, but I cant seem to find anything compareable around here. Called a ton of N.H. dealers and quite a few J.D. dealers and nobody stocks anything. They all want to order me what I want, but that does not help when I dont know what I want till I see it.

If Kubota is the answer who has the best flat out prices on a new machine within a few hundred miles of Pittsburgh? Anyone know of a nice used one priced right?

Thanks for any help.

/ Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh #2  
Parc's Equipment, Salem, WV and Bruceton Mills, WV.

/ Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh #3  
I drove by parcs (Bruceton mills) the other day, noticed they moved down the road a little closer to the intersection.

Check out Barlows and Messicks online also. I got a price of $32K last year about this time for M7040HD/loader/3rd function valve.

Messick is near Lancaster, PA

Last edited:
   / Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh #4  
There's also lashley's in St. Clairsville, OH probably an hour west of Washington PA. I bought my L5030 from them.

Lashley' main location is quaker city, OH, and they have another location further west.

Last edited:
   / Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh
Thanks for the replys.... I will be on the phone tomorrow.

/ Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh #6  
You would be wise to contact Barlow tractor and find out what kind of deal you could get Brady is good to deal with. Start here Barlow Tractor and you will end up on the phone with Brady.

/ Best Place to buy a M7040 (or similar) within 300 miles of Pittsburgh #7  
I just bought a loaded '07 M-7040 Cab 4x4 HDC-1 with 160 hours from Green South equipment in GA for ~$28K. It replaced my AGCO MT285B. Looks like a new tractor. Couldn't find anything comparable for less than $32K. Still under powertrain warranty. Green South financed it for 5 years at 3.9% !!:thumbsup:
Great thing about buying used equip from a Deere dealer is the 3.9 financing they can offer you on clean used equip. That was the difference maker for me in this horrible economy.

I filled the rear tires with Rim Gaurd and plumbed in remote hydraulics to the front and I've been working the heck out of it for the last 4 months.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2337032710060323780whtqeo